Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Boomba Racing Catch Cans - Now Available with Intro Pricing!

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

Repost from the other boomba catch can thread and from my build thread:

My Boomba Catch Can set-up. Sorry in advance for the crappy quality of the cell phone pics. For some reason mine didn't come with clamps so I had to buy some, no biggy as they are pretty cheap. I ended up getting some that could be tightened by hand so it would make removing the catch can easier later on when it needed to be drained. I also decided to go along with the 5/8 ID rubber hose to replace the OE plastic tube. I cut the OE connectors off right at the ribbed part of the tube and used a little oil to slip the rubber hose over it. The bolt on the intake manifold that needs to come off is an 8mm (I didn't see that listed anywhere in the install instructions) and can be a pain to get to unless you have extensions or a deep socket.

Picture of what came in the box

Upper part installed to the OE connector. The hoses supplied from boomba are long enough to reach to the OE connectors so I only needed a few inches of 5/8 ID rubber hose to adapt it to the connector.

Same for the bottom part (Intake side)

Finished, showing the routing of all of the hoses. I turned the whole catch can in the bracket and pushed it as low in the bracket as it would go to make it clear the hose coming off the ingen intake tube. I didn't feel comfortable forcing the top of the catch can to spin. I can still see the window on the catch can to see if it is full from the side.

All finished with the engine cover back on.
How did you manage to install the can with the Injen intake?! I had a hell of a time installing mine. I actually had to move the can mount closer to the radiator fan so it's mount is only held on with one screw. Here's a pic. You can see I also had to slide it to the left to make it fit.

That vacuum line jutting out from the intake blocked any access I had to the can. There's also a coolant line below the can that would crimp off if I tried to push the can down in its mount.

Finished

I pushed mine as low in the bracket as it would go, I think it just touches the coolant hose below the can and it just barely clears the vac line coming off the intake. I may need to check and see if it is causing any issues with the coolant line. I do like how yours looks, does it rattle or anything being only secured by one bolt?

I pushed mine as low in the bracket as it would go, I think it just touches the coolant hose below the can and it just barely clears the vac line coming off the intake. I may need to check and see if it is causing any issues with the coolant line. I do like how yours looks, does it rattle or anything being only secured by one bolt?
Yeah check that coolant hose directly underneath the can. It crimps fairly easily. I'm not happy that I can't use the mount the way it was designed but with only being held on by one screw, it does the job. No rattling yet and more of the can is visible when it's moved forward.

Yeah check that coolant hose directly underneath the can. It crimps fairly easily. I'm not happy that I can't use the mount the way it was designed but with only being held on by one screw, it does the job. No rattling yet and more of the can is visible when it's moved forward.
I've been driving on it for two days now with no issues (no overheating or anything like that). But I will check it more closely tomorrow when it is light out.

Okay, so I got nervous about that coolant line and decided to go check it and feeling around I can tell the coolant line is not crimped, the can just barely fits in between that coolant line and vacuum line. It's barely touching both so it is a snug fit. Maybe I have my intake mounted higher somehow? I work tomorrow but maybe Tuesday I can try to get some closer pics. I may end up mounting it like yours anyway in the future.

Hmm. Strange. Yeah, pictures would be appreciated. I thought maybe my intake was mounted wrong, but if I try to push it up or to the right, the rubber mount is stressed and bends so I know that isn't the issue.
I bet the vacuum line on my intake is longer or positioned in a slightly different way from yours and that is what's causing the problem.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #49
Why a Boomba can?

[video=youtube;JRMhpFNSfaU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRMhpFNSfaU[/video]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I received mine, THANKS! [thumb]

One question;

Are there any negatives, or drawbacks at all to using a replacement silicone hose (reinforced, of course) with this item instead of the supplied with the kit, EPDM (or whatever they're made out of) PCV style hoses? [dunno]

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #57
I received mine, THANKS! [thumb]

One question;

Are there any negatives, or drawbacks at all to using a replacement silicone hose (reinforced, of course) with this item instead of the supplied with the kit, EPDM (or whatever they're made out of) PCV style hoses? [dunno]
As long as its something that can handle oily air, you'll be fine.