Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Boomba Racing Catch Cans - Now Available with Intro Pricing!

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Can someone enlighten me as to the advantages of the stage two over the stage one?
I want to "tread carefully" here and simply offer another insight, I'm not here to start arguments or tell people not to buy these. For anyone that has already decided that they want catch cans, these are beautiful, well made piece that I personally would probably buy... BUT, some people, included a highly respected tuner, HERE, say that they simply are not proven at all to help against carbon build up, they suggest changing the oil frequently and only using Top Tier gas... Ford also upgraded the PCV system for '16+ model years to help further against carbon buildup, so for myself personally, I'm not going to bother with them.... Also, if spotted by the dealership, while they know they don't cause problems, they may look a little harder for tunes or other ways to void your warranty since it is a sign you are modding as noted in the service guide HERE.

Again, I'm not here to thread jack, just put some info out there... These offered by Boomba are obviously VERY well made and high quality, I'd personally would buy these if I wasn't convinced that I don't think they are worth the investment.

I want to "tread carefully" here and simply offer another insight, I'm not here to start arguments or tell people not to buy these. For anyone that has already decided that they want catch cans, these are beautiful, well made piece that I personally would probably buy... BUT, some people, included a highly respected tuner, HERE, say that they simply are not proven at all to help against carbon build up, they suggest changing the oil frequently and only using Top Tier gas... Ford also upgraded the PCV system for '16+ model years to help further against carbon buildup, so for myself personally, I'm not going to bother with them.... Also, if spotted by the dealership, while they know they don't cause problems, they may look a little harder for tunes or other ways to void your warranty since it is a sign you are modding as noted in the service guide HERE.

Again, I'm not here to thread jack, just put some info out there... These offered by Boomba are obviously VERY well made and high quality, I'd personally would buy these if I wasn't convinced that I don't think they are worth the investment.
Interesting, this is the first I've heard of this, and I was actually planning to buy an OCC and install if before I drive the car home from Denver (hopefully) next month. Now I'm torn. [dunno]

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Interesting, this is the first I've heard of this, and I was actually planning to buy an OCC and install if before I drive the car home from Denver (hopefully) next month. Now I'm torn. [dunno]
Right on, I'm not trying to convince people otherwise, I suggest just reading up on it, they may be very well worth it if you are keeping your car a LONG time but I'm going to skip them myself... But also keep in mind if you drive it hard, as in getting in some WOT pulls at least once a day, then that can help with a cleaning effect too.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Ford also upgraded the PCV system for '16+ model years to help further against carbon buildup.
Is this why they changed it? Is there any documentation of that? Just wondering.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Is this why they changed it? Is there any documentation of that? Just wondering.
Just the normal people on here with their theories, but makes sense to me, I know in general manufacturers have improved carbon buildup issues through timing and things like this through the years as well ... a good thread here to see the year to year changes including talk of the PCV change can be found HERE. Also, I'm keeping my airbox/intake stock other than a drop-in (and Big Mouth area shroud cut out) for these reasons, but that is why '16+ needs adapters to run an aftermarket intake.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I ended up getting an intake hose and using '15 plumbing to connect it. No issues, but I don't want valve crud, either. I assumed it was changed to meet tougher emissions requirements, but IDK. Ford never really said.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I ended up getting an intake hose and using '15 plumbing to connect it. No issues, but I don't want valve crud, either. I assumed it was changed to meet tougher emissions requirements, but IDK. Ford never really said.
Yep, some clarity would be nice and I totally understand some people need to upgrade too, so there's that...