Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Boomba Racing Catch Cans

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
[MENTION=1045]Boomba Racing[/MENTION], lots of space for a Water/meth jug of sorts to go with a TB spacer where the old intake box was. wink wink[coolsmile]

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
looks good, just be careful of the line, it will suck itself flat when not on the gas as I have learned from many other hose alternatives
I found the same clear hose at home depot, one is 3/4"od 5/8" id 30psi and the other 7/8"od 5/8" id 40psi. Are these sufficient or should I search for higher psi tubing?

airjor13

2000 Post Club
looks good, just be careful of the line, it will suck itself flat when not on the gas as I have learned from many other hose alternatives
Yep, you are SO RIGHT, those hoses collapse. I went to Napa and got some reinforced rubber hose for about $2 per ft LOL. Okay FINALLY completed!

Thanks again for the looking out Lessard!

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
the + psi is not the issue its the vacuum the line goes under will collapse it. round when on the gas and flat when off it. keep an eye on it after its warm. when you get home look at the line while the car is still idling. if all is well you'll be fine. what [MENTION=382]airjor13[/MENTION] is using is what i had as my entire hose. it didnt work out well enough for me. but a small piece may be fine
[MENTION=96]stuntdoogie[/MENTION]

airjor13

2000 Post Club
the + psi is not the issue its the vacuum the line goes under will collapse it. round when on the gas and flat when off it. keep an eye on it after its warm. when you get home look at the line while the car is still idling. if all is well you'll be fine.
[MENTION=96]stuntdoogie[/MENTION]
This might be kind of dumb, but can you confirm if this is correct. Can you confirm [MENTION=1045]Boomba Racing[/MENTION]

PCV (Back of the motor) go into the IN fitting on the can

OUT fitting on the can going into the intake manifold correct?

This might be kind of dumb, but can you confirm if this is correct. Can you confirm [MENTION=1045]Boomba Racing[/MENTION]

PCV (Back of the motor) go into the IN fitting on the can

OUT fitting on the can going into the intake manifold correct?
That's correct.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
ok so here is my set up. sorry it's late. i dont have the factory hoses any more since i tried my hand at a HomeDepot OCC last year. so i did have this red hose i bought from TSC. i ended up pulling the oring off the reducer as it wasnt needed in the new red hose.

View attachment 6225

View attachment 6226
No need to clamp the hose on the ends?

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
i used heater hose. the stuff i tried didn't work. it flattened out. good luck on the stuff you bought.

KKaWing

Slightly random but 5/8" hoses are used by gas pumps too (at least around here). If anything is chemical resistant...

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
i was using it to replace my entire pvc hose. it flattened like a pancake. like [MENTION=382]airjor13[/MENTION] found out with his. yours may work though. fingers crossed
I see...since im only using about 6" of the tube it should be sturdier?