Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Boomba Racing Catch Cans

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
What a bitch it was trying to remove the symposer hose clamp because it wasnt facing the front like boombas video, the clamp ends were facing almost toward the rear and ended up snapping the ends on both sides if the clamp with pliers. Then trying to attach the pcv oe tubing to the boomba nipple with a blow dryer was another problem. Dont wanna buy a heat gun just for this. Tried removing the clips from the oe tubing also to connect the heater hose as a last resort but it was impossible. I think im gonna try and stick to with the oe tubing just gotta find someone with a heat gun.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
So I said screw it and used the heater tubes because attaching the oe tube to the nipple was impossible.
Hope i attached the tubes to the right in and out on the CC. Correct me if im wrong. IN to the intake (rear) and OUT to the manifold (front).

Also had to remove my AEM intake and reinstall the stock intake because the CC was in the way of the heat shield lip bummer :(. I may have to cut some of that lip in the future because I already miss the psssssh sound.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #243
So I said screw it and used the heater tubes because attaching the oe tube to the nipple was impossible.
Hope i attached the tubes to the right in and out on the CC. Correct me if im wrong. IN to the intake (rear) and OUT to the manifold (front).

Also had to remove my AEM intake and reinstall the stock intake because the CC was in the way of the heat shield lip bummer :(. I may have to cut some of that lip in the future because I already miss the psssssh sound.

PM sent!

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #244
In order to clear up some confusion about the top of the can and the inlet/outlets :

The top of the can is actually designed so that it can rotate independently of the body. All you have to do is take a screw driver or Allen key, place it in an inlet or outlet, and push. There may be a little resistance before it "breaks free", but once it does you can rotate the top of the can fully independently from the body.

How hard was is to use the heater hose instead of the OE tube? What size hose is it? I don't own a heat gun either so idk if I feel like fighting with the OE tube.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
How hard was is to use the heater hose instead of the OE tube? What size hose is it? I don't own a heat gun either so idk if I feel like fighting with the OE tube.
Use 5/8 inner diameter tubes, try and get Goodyear or some type of reinforced rubber hose

My Boomba Catch Can set-up. Sorry in advance for the crappy quality of the cell phone pics. For some reason mine didn't come with clamps so I had to buy some. I ended up getting some that could be tightened by hand so it would make removing the catch can easier later on when it needed to be drained. I also decided to go along with the 5/8 ID rubber hose to replace the OE plastic tube. I cut the OE connectors off right at the ribbed part of the tube and used a little oil to slip the rubber hose over it. The bolt on the intake manifold that needs to come off is an 8mm (I didn't see that listed anywhere in the install instructions) and can be a pain to get to unless you have extensions or a deep socket.

Picture of what came in the box

Upper part installed to the OE connector. The hoses supplied from boomba are long enough to reach to the OE connectors so I only needed a few inches of 5/8 ID rubber hose to adapt it to the connector.

Same for the bottom part (Intake side)

Finished, showing the routing of all of the hoses. I turned the whole catch can in the bracket and pushed it as low in the bracket as it would go to make it clear the hose coming off the ingen intake tube. I didn't feel comfortable forcing the top of the catch can to spin. I can still see the window on the catch can to see if it is full from the side.

All finished with the engine cover back on.

I think boomba made a booboo not sending you clamps but home depot clamps are better anyway.
I just picked up the clamps at advance when I was getting the rubber hose. I figured clamps are cheap enough that it wasn't worth complaining about. I do like that the ones I got can be disconnected without tools to make removing the can easier.

Has anyone installed the stage 1 CC system yet? I'm wondering if it is worth it and once its installed how hard is it to get to. Would the intake need to be removed every time you need to drain it?

caliboy15

I want to buy the quick connect thingy but I cant find it online. I don't want to ruin my OEM hose

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
[MENTION=1971]caliboy15[/MENTION] Hey PM me if you are looking for a PCV hose I have 2 plus the one on the car. Since I'm buying the Mishimoto one I will not require it.

I may get off my butt and take a picture of them today and make a for sale post. But will take a picture if you are interested.

caliboy15

[MENTION=2253]CanadianGuy[/MENTION]

Im not sure if I wanted to get Boomba's occ, I might just get mishimoto occ

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
ok so here is my set up. sorry it's late. i dont have the factory hoses any more since i tried my hand at a HomeDepot OCC last year. so i did have this red hose i bought from TSC. i ended up pulling the oring off the reducer as it wasnt needed in the new red hose.

View attachment 6225

View attachment 6226
Not sure if im seeing this right but is your tubing from the front of engine going into the outlet of cc and your other tubing from the intake going into inlet of cc?