Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Boomba Racing Short Shifter Group Buy

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

Chris G

I bailed. I'm very happy with the Boomba transmission adapter and bracket bushings. Put my money toward base bushings, a shifter boot and soon I'll be ordering a RMM. Maybe I'll buy this SS down the road. :)

Any other Canadians on this list? With our dollar going down this shifter is getting more expensive! Even at $190 US plus shipping my $250 CAD short shift has become a $300 CAD short shift! [emoji20][emoji379][emoji389]

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #64
Group buy ending tomorrow! We may still offer a special price even if we don't hit the targeted amount. Stay posted to see.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #65
Okay everyone, we didn't reach as many people as we wanted, but we're not going to leave everyone in the dark who said they wanted one. By using the coupon code "FISTSHIFT" at checkout, you will be able to purchase this short throw shifter at a price of $199.99 plus shipping, which is still a huge savings!

In the order comments, please leave us your forum user name so we can mark you as paid!

Link to buy HERE

Thanks to all involved!

Ah! Too bad. Was hoping for the $190 [emoji17]. Still a good deal though, more so if you have US funds.

Was there an install video made? I assume this is a permanent mod and there's no going back to stock with the cut to the reverse lock out.

BUT I'm curious about the chamfering mentioned in the install guide. Not too sure what this means and what's involved...

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #69
For those on the fence, be sure to check out this awesome install video!

[video=youtube;ViYqV1iD8oc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViYqV1iD8oc[/video]

Great video! I'd probably break something. But I still don't get what you are chamfering or what you put the grease on...

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #72
Great video! I'd probably break something. But I still don't get what you are chamfering or what you put the grease on...
The grease goes on the pivot pin bushings, although they should already be greased. We include the grease in the instructions as a precautionary measure. Since these cars are so new, nothing really needs to be greased heavily, but it can't really hurt anything in doing so.

The shift pivot pin is what gets chamferred to assist in the re-alignment when you push it through the shifter and shift block through the other side.

MOFiST

Paid [driving]
This car is going to be a long term-er for me so I've decided I'm tweaking it up to my liking and this kit is going the distance with me until I ever sell the car. :)

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #74
Paid [driving]
This car is going to be a long term-er for me so I've decided I'm tweaking it up to my liking and this kit is going the distance with me until I ever sell the car. :)
Don't be shy when you get it! We'd love a write up :)

The grease goes on the pivot pin bushings, although they should already be greased. We include the grease in the instructions as a precautionary measure. Since these cars are so new, nothing really needs to be greased heavily, but it can't really hurt anything in doing so.

The shift pivot pin is what gets chamferred to assist in the re-alignment when you push it through the shifter and shift block through the other side.
Thanks for the reply... But I'm missing something here... Maybe I'd get it once I had the thing apart. I think I need a side by side pic of what needs filing exactly or something like that. A Before and after.

What happens if you don't file anything?