Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Boomba Racing Short Shifter Group Buy

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

MOFiST

so this should take about 30 minutes to an hour?
so with calculations for murphy's law, i should plan 1.5hrs?
30 minutes lol. Have you seen the manual? I'm setting aside half a day plus breaks lol.
I never like setting limits on car jobs. I'd rather take my time and do it once. Especially with these dastardly pop clips.

mrtn

30 minutes lol. Have you seen the manual? I'm setting aside half a day plus breaks lol.
I never like setting limits on car jobs. I'd rather take my time and do it once. Especially with these dastardly pop clips.
Should I have a trim removal kit on hand? The install video they just pull it off from the bottom. But how many times has it been apart? And it wasn't done in the cold...

hahaha seen it and watched the vid..
took about 30 minutes to do the one on my buddy's FoST..

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/3038-Short-Shifter-and-Shifter-base-bushings-Reivew

Perfect example of the darn clips added a bit of time to my install. as stated i like to plan jobs like this on a quiet no rush home alone day... I hate interior car plastics. can you say Snap Crackle POP.. lol best thing i did was pick up a cheap set of plastic tools to use instead of my gouge all screwdrivers ..

and not setting limits.. just seeing if i can try to tackle this before the gf gets off and she wants to go to happy hour.
and i have all the trim removal tools

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Should I have a trim removal kit on hand? The install video they just pull it off from the bottom. But how many times has it been apart? And it wasn't done in the cold...
I took mine apart and brought the shifter in the house to do it but the car was out in the garage in fairly warm (for here) 40 degF ish temps

MOFiST

hahaha seen it and watched the vid..
took about 30 minutes to do the one on my buddy's FoST..
Some people are good with fiddly jobs. And then there's the rest of us. I'm getting better with age at these sorts of things believe it or not. My day job has taught me patience. Trim tools are at the ready ;)

hahaha... i used to suck at tasks like this.. but i've done it so much over the past several years, i have gotten kinda good.. all my friends come to me to work on their cars.. from under the hood... to adding lighting.. to just about anything but engine/transmission internals..

MOFiST

hahaha... i used to suck at tasks like this.. but i've done it so much over the past several years, i have gotten kinda good.. all my friends come to me to work on their cars.. from under the hood... to adding lighting.. to just about anything but engine/transmission internals..
Looking forward to getting your install feedback.

Experience builds confidence as they say. I'm having fun with the car so far.

Installed it in under an hour. Didn't take pics though.
I also didn't chamfer my pin. It seemed like mine was already chamfered some. No test drive yet, but it feels good just running it thru the gears

MOFiST

I also didn't chamfer my pin. It seemed like mine was already chamfered some. No test drive yet, but it feels good just running it thru the gears
So are you running on max reduction? That what I'm looking at doing.

mrtn

Nice. Was wondering if chamfering was really necessary. How'd the trim removal go? I think that's my biggest concern.

And the little white plastic clip popped off on the hvac surround. It was Hell finding it but I did

It was super easy to remove once I got it started

mrtn

And the little white plastic clip popped off on the hvac surround. It was Hell finding it but I did

It was super easy to remove once I got it started
How'd you get it started? From the bottom around the shifter?

Yeah started it there on the passenger side. The plastic screws in the plastic trim in the footwell area didn't want to unscrew, so I just popped them out with trim tools. They didn't get damaged and popped right back in.

CanadianST

Just got my shifter in the mail today. First impressions are pretty good can't wait to install this....But that'll have to wait until April or May when the snow is gone and the car is out of storage. Going to be a long wait!

mrtn

Mines still sitting in a post office somewhere ugh. Tracking hasn't updated in 5 days...