Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Boomba Racing Short Shifter Group Buy

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

Only a few have paid! We've still got more open spots!
I'd still like to know exactly what you chamfer on that pin. I'd need to go buy a file.

I was hoping the Canadian dollar would get better but it's not looking so good. At this point it's $250 plus $50 shipping for me. Stupid economy.

I'd still like to know exactly what you chamfer on that pin. I'd need to go buy a file.

I was hoping the Canadian dollar would get better but it's not looking so good. At this point it's $250 plus $50 shipping for me. Stupid economy.
one way would be to chuck the pin in a drill and then run the drill with the file contacting the edge of the pin.
at least that is how i will prolly do mine. lol

one way would be to chuck the pin in a drill and then run the drill with the file contacting the edge of the pin.
at least that is how i will prolly do mine. lol
Not a bad idea! If it works. So you have to grind the side into a point? Not the tip to flatten it out? I guess that's the definition of chamfer. Dumb question maybe

yeah the side edge.. you don't want to get the tip of it to a sharp point... just rounding the edges..

almost like beveling, but not all the way to the other end... just so it centers itself easier..

Ok that helps a bit. Wonder if you can do it too much and screw it up...

Ok I caved, payment sent. This CAD dollar is only going to get worse. Probably going to wait until spring to install though so I don't snap any plastic pieces in the cold.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #92
If you have paid and your name is not green, please let us know your order number so we can mark you as paid!

The code is still valid for those looking to purchase!

mrtn

picked mine up from the post office yesterday...
hoping to install it today after work. i will try to take pics when i do
Mines still in the mail, looking forward to your impressions

MOFiST

Mine is has made it to my country. Hope mine gets here Monday for an install next weekend. I'm itching to get this done ASAP B)

so this should take about 30 minutes to an hour?
so with calculations for murphy's law, i should plan 1.5hrs?