Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Boomba Racing Sound Symposer Delete Kit Group Buy

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

Chris G

Stupid question #3 from me - what does the car sound like without the symposer? I feel like I've gotten so used to it that I can't imagine it without it...

Stupid question #3 from me - what does the car sound like without the symposer? I feel like I've gotten so used to it that I can't imagine it without it...
I have the stock CB and deleted mine for about a hundred miles. I found the car to be too quiet. I had trouble telling what RPM I was at by sound alone. I would say this mod would mostly benefit those with an exhaust.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Here's the symposer's pic (thanks to Rodmoe)

- The blue part (symposer) comes off.

- Metal Plug goes into point no. 2.

- Delrin hose plug closes off hose marked no.1

Done.

So this kit only deletes the box and leaves the factory hoses then?

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Boomba, does the hose (part no. 4 in the diagram) stay? Or is it removed? I'm confused as to how this is set up.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I am thinking real hard on this.
I was just hoping for 20% of free shipping.
I just took a 1/3 cut in pay.
Happy New Year.

Dave

XuperXero

Boomba needs to let me ship to address different from my credit card [rant]

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Boomba needs to let me ship to address different from my credit card [rant]
That is a security issue that most merchants have to deal with.
I got around this by having my bank issue a card with a different billing address.
You can also add additional shipping address to your PayPal account.

It really IS for your security.

Dave

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #34
So I've seen a ton of these kits coming out now, any difference between them??
Unlike the competitors, ours comes standard with a 1/4" threaded NPT port that you can use for any number of aftermarket add-ons such as our in-development catch can or NOS or meth injection. Our plugs are made of high grade material such as anodized billet aluminium and Delrin and offered in three different color choices.

What's the install like on one of these bad boys?
Install on these is very simple. We should have a guide up soon. But on a scale of 1-10 I'd say difficulty is a 2.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #35
This too. And are there aNY downsides to these kits?
There are no downsides to these kits unless you like the noise Ford plumbed into your car. The nice thing about our kit is that it is a much better solution than people who cap off their symposers using general plugs from a hardware store. Our plugs are made of a much higher grade material and our designed specifically for this application.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Unlike the competitors, ours has a 1/4" threaded NPT port that you can use for any number of aftermarket add-ons such as a catch can, aftermarket BOV, or even a boost gauge. Our plugs are also made of high grade material such as anodized billet aluminium and Delrin.
I have to ask because I don't want other people confused. But what do you mean by catch can and BOV? There is no vacuum in the intercooler pipe. So I am not sure how you would route a boost only ref to a BOV or a catch can. You have to have a vacuum source like turbo inlet for a catch can and for a BOV you have to have manifold vacuum. Please elaborate.

Thank you

Russ

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #37
I have to ask because I don't want other people confused. But what do you mean by catch can and BOV? There is no vacuum in the intercooler pipe. So I am not sure how you would route a boost only ref to a BOV or a catch can. You have to have a vacuum source like turbo inlet for a catch can and for a BOV you have to have manifold vacuum. Please elaborate.

Thank you

Russ
Sorry about that. Some of the info there was taken from our press release for the Focus Symposer Delete which plugs the manifold directly. We have revised our original post.

As far as running a catch can goes, that is definitely something you still can do. If anyone has ever pulled their IC piping off, I'm sure you've noticed how oily they get. Running a catch can off this port allows the user to reduce the amount of oil that is being recirculated into the engine. This port can also be used for NOS or meth injection if someone really wanted to. We ship them with the plugs because we know most people are going to use it as a symposer delete only. They are ported to let the customer use it as they want.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Sorry about that. Some of the info there was taken from our press release for the Focus Symposer Delete which plugs the manifold directly. We have revised our original post.

As far as running a catch can goes, that is definitely something you still can do. If anyone has ever pulled their IC piping off, I'm sure you've noticed how oily they get. Running a catch can off this port allows the user to reduce the amount of oil that is being recirculated into the engine. This port can also be used for NOS or meth injection if someone really wanted to. We ship them with the plugs because we know most people are going to use it as a symposer delete only. They are ported to let the customer use it as they want.
No worries! Sounded like focus info since there's goes on the manifold. Thank you for clearing that up.

Russ

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #39
Just to clarify for everyone, running a catch can straight off of the NPT port would not be advised without the use of a check valve in place. Running a catch can with no way to prevent excessive pressure build-up could be extremely dangerous. We are designing our own catch can to work in-line with this port and will keep everyone updated as we have more information.