Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Boomba Racing Wing Riser Group Buy !

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

Got mine today including the bottle opener (which is also blue, awesome!!) going to install it over my break from work later this week. Gotta bring some tools home from the shop.

LT Berzerker

Its lower than 25 degrees here do you think there will be an issue with the small self stick tabs to cover the holes will stick?
Installed mine and it was 27 out... Some quick detailer to clean the the surface and ran through the car wash the next morning.... No issues, worse case scenario I'll get some vinyl if I notice them come off and cut that to fit :)

JPGC

2000 Post Club
I'd also like to see a set of plugs or something to cover the two huge holes in the wing to keep rain out of the wing or some sort of cover for the space between the body and wing as my wing isn't fully painted in the inside.

Pete

No Bottle opener for me although on my last 2 orders I got a blue one then a black one. I just like collecting them :)

acb

Had to do a little drilling on the 4 outside mounts for my 3D Carbon Spoiler. The reason being is the 4 screws Boomba provides works for the stock spoiler but the carbon wing has bigger threads and bolts. Thus I had to drill slightly and even file down the smaller pieces as the nut heads were just a tad too big for the space. However I love the look!

What wing is that?

I'd also like to see a set of plugs or something to cover the two huge holes in the wing to keep rain out of the wing or some sort of cover for the space between the body and wing as my wing isn't fully painted in the inside.
I wonder how soon brake light will stop working with 2 huge holes in wing. There is no way out for water to drain or air to travel out.
Part of electrical wire is rubberized. Now remainder of it is exposed to water. I am definitely doing some duct taping right now .

Boomba, please respond with solution.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
I wonder how soon brake light will stop working with 2 huge holes in wing. There is no way out for water to drain or air to travel out.
Part of electrical wire is rubberized. Now remainder of it is exposed to water. I am definitely doing some duct taping right now .

Boomba, please respond with solution.

I'm not really concerned that the brake light will be a problem as the holes aren't sealed from factory, just blocked more, and with the risers, there is more of and upward angle. I just don't want the wing to fill with water where it bends down on each side or get bugs and other crap in there. I will periodically check the connector for corrosion though.

HaveBlue83

Dammmitttt i missed out on this!!!! How did i not see this. Damn. Guess im gonna be paying full price! These things are awesome!!.......and black is out of stock. I guess I'm gonna have to wait now.

For those that have not installed the riser yet - take great care when you put the nuts into the center 2 risers (when bolting the wing down). I managed to strip and further destroy the threads on the center 2 risers. The aluminum is soft and the angle is odd when tightened them. Yes i started them by hand and then used a 1/4 ratchet and it only felt slightly stiff when i started.
I am majorly bummed out.
Mike at Boomba is trying to help me out.
not sure what they will do yet.
Wish me luck

For those that have not installed the riser yet - take great care when you put the nuts into the center 2 risers (when bolting the wing down). I managed to strip and further destroy the threads on the center 2 risers. The aluminum is soft and the angle is odd when tightened them. Yes i started them by hand and then used a 1/4 ratchet and it only felt slightly stiff when i started.
I am majorly bummed out.
Mike at Boomba is trying to help me out.
not sure what they will do yet.
Wish me luck
I had this problem with the passenger middle riser. I'm sure I cut new threads with the bolt when tightening it. It went in easy to begin with but got difficult after a few turns. I tried many different times with the same result. I ended up spraying some cutting oil on the bolt and going for broke.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #238
Dammmitttt i missed out on this!!!! How did i not see this. Damn. Guess im gonna be paying full price! These things are awesome!!.......and black is out of stock. I guess I'm gonna have to wait now.
We've got our 10% off sale happening till the end of the year! Not sure if black will be back before that though.

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
I had this problem with the passenger middle riser. I'm sure I cut new threads with the bolt when tightening it. It went in easy to begin with but got difficult after a few turns. I tried many different times with the same result. I ended up spraying some cutting oil on the bolt and going for broke.
Sounds like several others are having the same problem I had. I needed to use a M6 x 1 tap to complete two partially tapped center risers. I could not tap the center risers as deep as needed to use the OEM fasteners, so I swapped the allen head fasteners with the hex head ones.

Hey all. I stripped the center risers with the Boomba Logo as well. Boomba suggested retapping them with 1/4" tap and using a slightly bigger screw. It was an easy fix. I used the 1/4-20NC Tap and used a 1/4-20x3/4 Flange Bolt.