Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

DHM Review Thread! Tune / Products / Service

Trader history for DHM (0)

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #41
[MENTION=5751]letitreign[/MENTION] the bottom line is we responed to a question of yours on the 9th that monday after you sent a email on the friday 7th. Im sorry that was not soon enough. We would hope you see that we were compunitcating with a resonalbe time and we work hard to make everyone happy.

Russ

Not at all man. Like i said i'm not trying to throw your business under the bus. The overwhelming amount of positive feedback speaks for itself. My single less than positive review doesn't mean a thing. Regarding the emails, you are correct, your company was the last to send me a message which was from you answering some of the questions I had about the parts. On the other hand, I'm not sure why you would ignore an email that is for a completely different topic even if it is from the same sender.

edit: In any case, I'd rather just end this here before we get any more into a pissing contest. If it means that I'm in the wrong then so be it.

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #43
Not at all man. Like i said i'm not trying to throw your business under the bus. The overwhelming amount of positive feedback speaks for itself. My single less than positive review doesn't mean a thing. Regarding the emails, you are correct, your company was the last to send me a message which was from you answering some of the questions I had about the parts. On the other hand, I'm not sure why you would ignore an email that is for a completely different topic even if it is from the same sender.
It was about a different intercooler, AP and charge pipe sale? I thought it was the same sale. typically two people helping one customer comes out a more cluster than not so i was confused why two people needed to respond. So even though we respond last you still want to keep your review about back communication up there?

Russ

Any chance the E-tune are gonna be up for the black Friday sale? Or should I forget waiting and just buy it now? Spoke with someone yesterday by the way on the phone. Super helpful. My phone was breaking up so I missed the name. But thanks for the input whoever that was.

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #46
Any chance the E-tune are gonna be up for the black Friday sale? Or should I forget waiting and just buy it now? Spoke with someone yesterday by the way on the phone. Super helpful. My phone was breaking up so I missed the name. But thanks for the input whoever that was.
10% off on Black Friday!!

Russ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Just a quick follow up to my previous review:

My car had recently developed a boost leak that I could not track down. When i finally found the leak, it ended up being a cracked weld on my intercooler end tank. After shooting Russ a few photos of my damaged intercooler he immediately stepped up for the end tank issue I was experiencing. He explained to me they had an issue with the vendor that cut the end tanks at the time my intercooler was made, and immediately offered to send me a new intercooler free of charge and pay for the shipping label to send the defective part back to him. He also reimbursed me what I had paid for a local welder to weld up the end tank. I am more then impressed with his willingness to go above and beyond for the customer.

Thank you again [MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION] for everything. You have earned a customer for life with me.

P.s. I'll be sending money in the am for the 360R turbo upgrade and map sensor we talked about.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Ok, as a follow up to this, I recently purchased the 360R turbo upgrade from Russ, along with his used AUX fuel. The parts arrived extremely quick, despite the fact there was a backorder on the turbo housing. Russ pulled his own housing and sent it to me so my planned install weekend not be delayed. (My next 2 days off in a row would not be until next month, so the timing was very important.) I am extremely impressed with [MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION], especially Russ, for not only great products, but excellent customer service as well. I have decided to have him tune my car, and i cannot wait to receive my base map to get started. After seeing Russ's dedication to his customers, I had to hop on board.

Thanks again [MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION].

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

grnmachine02

So I guess this a preemptive review. Started doing my protune with Ron from DHM on Wednesday. Set a datalog, assuming I'd start getting revised maps this coming week (Thanksgiving and all that jazz) To my surprise, Ron sent me my first revision on Thanksgiving Day! I'm more than impressed already.

grnmachine02

Now that I'm just about done with my tune, here's my quick review of DHM's pro-tuning.

They're awesome. Seriously. I've been working with Ron for my tune. He has been nothing but helpful and took the time to answer all of my noob questions. The driveability of the car is fantastic, the power is just there all the time. Ron's communication has been stellar, and I received updated tunes on Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New years day. If that's not customer service, I don't know what is.

I can say for certain that I will be a DHM customer for life. Now just to decide between a gt360, or St280....

codestp202

Left you guys a review on FB. Cody S. Very happy with DHM. Ron is very quick to respond to questions. The car feels totally different, and these tunes open up your car to so much more customization.

I'm very happy with the tune, and with the customer service. I will be returning in the future for more tunes, or a big turbo /motor build when I decide to go nuts with this car.

Thanks!

grnmachine02

Just got done having my cyborg installed at DHM. This was probably the smoothest install experience I've ever had involving aftermarket parts. Russ was more than accommodating, and they really have their stuff together.

Car feels great. Russ did a few revisions for me on the spot, can't wait to get it completely dialed.

Was really nice to meet you Russ, and John thank you for lunch! I wish I wasn't in such a lack of sleep fog. I'm sure I'll be back up this way at some point, and we'll have to go grab a beer.

Thanks again, DHM!
[MENTION=3971]Russ[/MENTION]@dhm [MENTION=2280]bigmanlittlecar[/MENTION]

Last edited:
Just got done having my cyborg installed at DHM. This was probably the smoothest install experience I've ever had involving aftermarket parts. Russ was more than accommodating, and they really have their stuff together.

Car feels great. Russ did a few revisions for me on the spot, can't wait to get it completely dialed.

Was really nice to meet you Russ, and John thank you for lunch! I wish I wasn't in such a lack of sleep fog. I'm sure I'll be back up this way at some point, and we'll have to go grab a beer.

Thanks again, DHM!
[MENTION=3971]Russ[/MENTION]@dhm [MENTION=2280]bigmanlittlecar[/MENTION]
Great meeting you Mick! Drive home safe and lmk how she feels.

John

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Well I'm on my second tune revision from Ron and the tune has blown me away thus far. The powerband is so smooth compared to my last tune and the power comes on and stays on longer. The customer service has been fantastic! Best money I've spent on my Fiesta.

Ron, has been very helpful. I've just recently got done with the tuning process, boy it is a night and day difference compared to stock and cobb stage 3 ots. It took about 5 revisions before it was finalized. The tune is pretty smooth and strong. First and second gear are pretty useless as they just rip through tires when you floor it. Ron also noticed an issue which was my fault regarding my spark-plugs not being gaped correctly to 0.026, i'm very thankful he caught that. For those of you considering DHM please do not hesitate, they've been nothing but helpful !!!!

My mods: Mishimoto Intake, Mountune Lower box + panel filter, Depo Racing Intercooler, Mountune Hot side charge pipe, Depo racing downpipe with high flow catalytic converter, Cobb Catback Exhaust, Boomba racing symposer delete, Denso Iridium itv22, turbosmart plumb back bpv,Deadhook motorsports tune !!

Ron, has been very helpful. I've just recently got done with the tuning process, boy it is a night and day difference compared to stock and cobb stage 3 ots. It took about 5 revisions before it was finalized. The tune is pretty smooth and strong. First and second gear are pretty useless as they just rip through tires when you floor it. Ron also noticed an issue which was my fault regarding my spark-plugs not being gaped correctly to 0.026, i'm very thankful he caught that. For those of you considering DHM please do not hesitate, they've been nothing but helpful !!!!

My mods: Mishimoto Intake, Mountune Lower box + panel filter, Depo Racing Intercooler, Mountune Hot side charge pipe, Depo racing downpipe with high flow catalytic converter, Cobb Catback Exhaust, Boomba racing symposer delete, Denso Iridium itv22, turbosmart plumb back bpv,Deadhook motorsports tune !!
Any idea what you're putting down power wise? I've got the same mod list basically and am going DHM as soon as my winter tires come off. Maine winters suck. Thanks!

Any idea what you're putting down power wise? I've got the same mod list basically and am going DHM as soon as my winter tires come off. Maine winters suck. Thanks!
Brianames1, i've been playing around with virtual dyno. Below is one of my recent data logs as well as my settings for the virtual dyno. I've also set smoothing #5 as that is what seems to be what most people i've seen set it to. My car is a 2016 Fist and I live in Las vegas, NV our elevation here is 2,001. :)

Virtual dyno:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7P5OT01OdkFZi1TcEktdUJIVzQ/view?usp=sharing

Parameters:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7P5OT01OdkFX2VjV3pzNTB0ZFk/view?usp=sharing

Last edited: