Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Dizzy Stage 2 on CA 91

Trader history for alex7 (0)

Is it possible you have your Dizzytune in econ mode instead of performance mode?
I really have no idea how to put it in econ mode, once I downloaded the tune to my accessport there was only one option, but currently I mark 25 psi of turbo so I really don't know what might be happening, anyway I'm just waiting complete 100 miles with this tune and then send the datalog to Jason

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
I really have no idea how to put it in econ mode, once I downloaded the tune to my accessport there was only one option, but currently I mark 25 psi of turbo so I really don't know what might be happening, anyway I'm just waiting complete 100 miles with this tune and then send the datalog to Jason
Press CAN/RES then use speed up or down and watch the tachometer needle move. 2 is econ, 1 is performance

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Hi guys now my AFR is going to 15.30 and my OAR to -0.96
shoul I be worried about it?
When you're just chilling AFR should be around ~14, and wide open throttle less that 12. That OAR is fine. You wanna be as close to -1 as possible, with the range going up to +1.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
should I do this with the car on??
Yes whenever you want. I usually cruise in econ but if I need to catch a light or something I'll just press the buttons without looking and use the extra boost. What you don't want to do is reflash a different tune with the car on. In the industry, that's what we call a big no-no.

Last edited:
. What you don't want to do is reflash a different tune with the car on. In the industry, that's what we call a big no-no.
I think the proper way to flash maps with the accessport is for the car to be on. I don't remember if mine even powers up when the car is off.

Hi guys
I already have the answer form Jason of Dizzy and everything is great with the tune.
Now I have some doubts about the shift between every gear because my shift light from AP star blinkin really soon
so I do not know if it is better go to red line or shift once the AP shift light blink

By the way, thank you very much for your advice and comments. Actually, now, I think that Tune is already completely adjusted, the numbers of AFR (14.70) and OAR (-1) are perfect.
Now at night I am scheduled to test the FIST against a GTI MK7 APR stage 2,
so if you can give me some advice you will be welcome, I really want to demonstrate the power of this car

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
By the way, thank you very much for your advice and comments. Actually, now, I think that Tune is already completely adjusted, the numbers of AFR (14.70) and OAR (-1) are perfect.
Now at night I am scheduled to test the FIST against a GTI MK7 APR stage 2,
so if you can give me some advice you will be welcome, I really want to demonstrate the power of this car
Not too burst your bubble but you're gonna lose. That car on the APR tunes make crazy power. If you specified, you might have a launch control mode you can use now. Floor and clutch and gas in first gear at the same time and the car should hold the revs at a certain rpm. You can change that on the Accessport

Not too burst your bubble but you're gonna lose. That car on the APR tunes make crazy power. If you specified, you might have a launch control mode you can use now. Floor and clutch and gas in first gear at the same time and the car should hold the revs at a certain rpm. You can change that on the Accessport
Yes, I think you're probably right but I want to prove how much the difference will be.
by the way according to your experience in how many RPM should I make the shift between gears?

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I agree Volkswagens are heavily detuned from the factory lots of power left on the table.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Yes, I think you're probably right but I want to prove how much the difference will be.
by the way according to your experience in how many RPM should I make the shift between gears?
Since the stock turbo dies after 5-5.5k revs you might wanna shift sometime shortly after that.

You won't regret it. I bought them during black friday where if you bought a 93 tune, you got an E30 tune for free! Maybe ask Jason if he plans on doing one of those again soon.
You’re right, I don’t regret it one bit!

I’ve had the tune for a week and I’m shocked at the difference. Already put about 350 miles on the tune and everything looks great. I’m going to have to use the economy tune a bit more, though. My right foot has gotten a little heavier this past week...