Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Interested in 16x8 Pro Race 1.2 wheels? Reply here!

Trader history for PCA-1 (0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
PCA-1

PCA-1

Thread Starter #23
UPDATE 11/5/15:
Things are looking up. I received a follow up from the UK and they are definitely interested in getting this done. This has no chance without sufficient, definite interest! Please reply if you want in. From my experience with getting the 15x8 Pro Race 1.2 offered, the initial run will fill orders taken, with a small inventory for future orders. The factory will not hold inventory for any one customer, so if you are considering waiting this out in hopes of getting a set later next year, I cannot guarantee, at this time, there will be available stock at that time.

Thank you for the replies so far!!!

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
16x8 is a perfect size for this car, more high performance all seasons, some great tires like Rivals for serious fun....I do prefer 205s on an 8 but 215s will work just fine.

I recommend two things, make sure they fit the current BBK options and widen the track as far as possible, fitting under the fenders and maintaining good geometry and you will have a winner:)

I seriously want to run 16x8's and there is nothing even in 4x100 that fits my needs except very costly and long wait time, no spares, etc......

Though I always want the lowest weight I can get 16.8lbs is not bad if that is the weight in the best offset.

I hope you can get this done for those wanting them:)

OP
PCA-1

PCA-1

Thread Starter #28
16x8 is a perfect size for this car, more high performance all seasons, some great tires like Rivals for serious fun....I do prefer 205s on an 8 but 215s will work just fine.

I recommend two things, make sure they fit the current BBK options and widen the track as far as possible, fitting under the fenders and maintaining good geometry and you will have a winner:)

I seriously want to run 16x8's and there is nothing even in 4x100 that fits my needs except very costly and long wait time, no spares, etc......

Though I always want the lowest weight I can get 16.8lbs is not bad if that is the weight in the best offset.

I hope you can get this done for those wanting them:)
All in consideration of offset range. Weight may come in better than expected :) .

Need more interest! Tell your friends!!!

meFiSTo

...I do prefer 205s on an 8 but 215s will work just fine.
Really? The Tirerack tool suggests 205/45-16s are intended for 6.5 to 7.5 with the 23.3 inch diameter measurement for a 7 incher. Doesn't fitting the 205 onto a 8-inch rim result in an unconventional tire profile? Something less square at the sidewall than intended. Wouldn't that also make for a smallish contact patch? Rick, I'm not doubting you here, I'm just curious about why TR states that range for the 205 width.

OP
PCA-1

PCA-1

Thread Starter #33
Back for more!!!

Get on the list!!!

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Tirerack just publishes manf specs and manf specs are not even always right on, rounded up or down, arbitrary numbers used sometimes, take a look at a bunch of different tires listed as the same size;)

It has been proven by testing that a 205 is best on an 8 and 225 is best on a 9" wide wheel for serious track use, I know of one team than runs 205's on 9" wheels on one end of the car and 225's on the other end but the 205 was a Hoosier and more like a 215 or wider.

Just the right amount of stretch will provide added feedback and control when going all out.

A 215 or 225 will work just fine on an 8" wide wheel, just not quite optimal for some uses but certainly viable and sometimes better like in some autocross setups to work around the rules or what you can get to fit.

I was going to run my 225 Rival S on 8's on my street setup so they would not stick out quite as far into the wind but my BBK with 11.75" rotors prevented the 8's I wanted to use from fitting so had to run 9's as I do on my 225 race tires.

------------------

Back on topic, 16x8 again is perfect for the car, the weight and known strength of these wheels are positives, prices are quite reasonable, PCA is doing the community a great service offering this:):)

OP
PCA-1

PCA-1

Thread Starter #37
Pretty excited I must say. The brass is stepping up and has the door open. We definitely need more interested members to pull this off.

Who is next????

Hey Chalon! What would be the right tire size for a 16x8 wheel? I've got the BC coilovers with a minimal amount of drop vs. stock. It's a recreational track-day setup.
Depending on the offset you get, I run 225/45's Direzza D2 SS on my 16x8 with BC's, I have only rubbed a couple times under hard turning and big bump, and that will depend on your BC height adjustment.

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/5307-Advan-RZ-16x8-amp-225-45-w-Wilwood-BBK-front-amp-rear-fitment

OP
PCA-1

PCA-1

Thread Starter #39
Step on up! Be apart of changing the 4x108 world for us all.

These wheels will be premium alloy, heat treated, and shot peened. Price and weight yet to be specified as the design phase cannot kick in without your interest!

Who is #11???? Is it you ;) ?

Interested members:
1.SuperchargedTundra
2.frankiefiesta
3.NJBooST
4.GAbOS
5.Mr. Nice
6.PhoenixM3
7.westcoaST
8.airjor13
9.Strife
10.RyFiST

OP
PCA-1

PCA-1

Thread Starter #40
Checking in!

Here is a look at what the Pro Race 1.2 is all about.

The 1.2 is an evolutionary design of the original Pro Race 1. The Pro Race 1 was originally designed for motorsport touring car racing made famous in the British Touring Car Championship (BTCC). Team Dynamics has/does provide the only sanctioned wheel for the BTCC. The Pro Race 1's main features being cost effective, lightweight, with a caliper friendly design allowing for BBK's, and infamous for it's time, Team Dynamics Racing rim decals.

The Pro Race 1 was very successful in motorsport trim, and gained favor by the public who wanted their own sets. At that time, Team Dynamics rushed to release the Pro Race 1 for mass production. Unfortunately, quality was inconsistent. The barrels were prone to leaking. The bowing spoke design was not up to the rigours of years of street use, making the spokes susceptible to pot holes/ curbs, etc. Despite the issues, not all Pro Race 1 wheels were of poor quality and many remain today in use. However, the PR damage was done. Additionally, race teams were complaining about the bowing spokes contacting in close racing and the Team Dynamics Racing decals being rubbed off each race. The handwriting was on the wall. A redesign was undertaken to address track and street use.

Pro Race 1:

Enter the Pro Race 1.2. Addressing the concerns, Team Dynamics engineers pulled the spokes inset of the rim, added additional strength with slightly thicker spokes, additional anchoring at the rim, and did away with the rim decals by having "Team Dynamics Motorsport" embossed in the rim face. Barrel production consistency was developed and implemented. The Pro Race 1.2 became an instant success! While the 1.2 is a bit heavier than the old PR1, the durability has been top notch for the segment. Pricing has always been favorable compared to other wheels of same/similar manufacture techniques. As well, the offering of a wide range of diameters, widths, bolt patterns (PCD), offsets, and colors, combined with the ability to custom spec 1.2 wheels within the ranges offered, the Pro Race 1.2 remains unmatched in the marketplace.

The 1.2 continues the motorsport heritage as the sole wheel designated for the BTCC, and is used in many other race series around the globe, here in the USA, with street/track weekend warriors, and the street enthusiast of course! Team Dynamics also is the sole wheels supplier of forged wheels for the wildly popular Australian V8 Supercar series, heavily involved in formula Ford racing, sole OEM wheel supplier for Lotus, wheel supplier for McLaren, Bentley, and many OEM marks, including our favorite, Ford!

Pro Race 1.2:

Enter PCA. The origins of Perfect Circle Autosport is steeped in the lack of 4x108 wheels available for the MK1 Ford Focus back in the early 2000's. Yes, back then it was even worse than today! After purchasing my 2002 Focus, with the internet coming on as a forum haven and marketplace, available parts were very expensive, and for years had to settle for cheaper bolt ons, a suspension, and cheap wheels. Like any wheel enthusiast, with the internet exploding with wheel house websites, years were spent dreaming of wheels mainly from MOMO and OZ. More searching for Team Dynamics wheels unearthed one particular site which had a large (for the time) selection of 4x108 wheels. The TD wheels on this site were of the TD rim decal vintage, flashy, and eye catching. I liked what I saw, but had never heard of Team Dynamics and TD wheels just weren't anywhere else that I ran into.

In 2008, looking for new wheels, I reached out to Team Dynamics, inquiring on the availability of wheels in the 4x108 pcd. As luck would have it, TD had 4x108 wheel availability, with stock available in the US. This was news to me, and good news for sure. As an active Focus internet forum member, with Team Dynamics in line, I started a group buy thread, which grew into today's Perfect Circle Autosport. PCA has since grown into a global reach Team Dynamics dealer and Team Dynamics #1 North American spec order wheel dealer. Early sales growth was mainly based on factory spec orders.

Unusual in the marketplace, with Team Dynamics offering the ability to order a single wheel to any number of wheels, in different diameters, widths, offsets, hub bores, and colors, PCA reached out to a wider 4x108 market of enthusiasts, offering unfettered access to the factory's offerings and abilities. The concept of being able to order a set of wheels from any number of combinations, allows for a level of customization often only found in the custom forged wheel market. Needless to say, PCA caught on, fast. Today, PCA is primarily supplies the 4x108 and (new to the Focus) 5x108 TD wheels to Ford enthusiasts and owes a sincere thanks ! to all PCA customers and TD followers, without which PCA would be unable to bring the awesome TD wheels to the individual enthusiast and race teams alike.

With the driving force behind the addition of the 15x8 Pro Race 1.2 addition two years ago, in response to requests by enthusiasts, PCA is now centering efforts to bring the 16x8 Pro Race 1.2 for 4x108 wheel owners. This will not happen without sufficient interest within the community.
Please indicate your interest now ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
OAKOS Automotive OAKOS Automotive 76