Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

More like an RS blog than a build thread...

OP
meFiSTo

meFiSTo

Thread Starter #21
Congrats and good luck on the new R. I'm waiting on the 2021 to see if it's worth trading in the RS.
Sorry to hear about the eye Kim.
Though I’m sad you got rid of the RS I completely understand... AND if I was to replace mine I’d get an R as well.

Good luck! That Black is gonna be hard to keep clean!

Thanks, bud. It's a long story, but my "eye" is technically fine. It's more my left *side* than my left eye; I basically see the same blind spot from both eyes; weird, I know.

Yes, I've had black cars in the past (528i, S4). They are grime magnets. Lovely when clean, but rarely clean. Unfortunately, one issue is that the dealerships are starting to run out of cars. Not quite out, but they're not getting more Rs. I could have hunted for a blue or white car, but I like black well enough (truly beautiful when clean), it was there, and the price was generally fair. Truecar came up with an allegedly below market number and the dealer nearest me (literally less than five minutes door to door) matched it. My Ford dealership was hell-and-gone over in Seattle.

Last edited:
OP
meFiSTo

meFiSTo

Thread Starter #22
Congrats and good luck on the new R. I'm waiting on the 2021 to see if it's worth trading in the RS.
Thanks, man. To tell the truth, I like the cockpit UI in the Mk 7.5 better than what I've seen of the Mk8 UI. The new car appears to be all digital. I like having buttons and knobs for heating control, volume, whatever typical high-use functions. I'm not that keen on everything relying on the touchscreen interface in a car.

OP
meFiSTo

meFiSTo

Thread Starter #24
See you around.....Good luck on your endeavor!
Turns out that while my partial vision impairment is not really changing, I am getting acclimated to it. There is some "looking around" the blind spot needed. If things continue as they are and I can get accustomed to driving with the new vision situation, I'm planning to get out for a track day or two. I'll probably start up with a Novice group with both the groups I like. If all goes well, then I'll move to the intermediate group in the afternoon and go from there.

My new motto: "7/10ths -- Drive home shiny side up."

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Turns out that while my partial vision impairment is not really changing, I am getting acclimated to it. There is some "looking around" the blind spot needed. If things continue as they are and I can get accustomed to driving with the new vision situation, I'm planning to get out for a track day or two. I'll probably start up with a Novice group with both the groups I like. If all goes well, then I'll move to the intermediate group in the afternoon and go from there.

Sounds good! I hope you are able to get back out there.

MKIIIRS

Staff Member

Hey Kim, hows the new R?

OP
meFiSTo

meFiSTo

Thread Starter #27
Hey Kim, hows the new R?
Hey man! I hate to say this, but I should have gotten one of these in the first place. Given how I drive, even before getting whacked last summer, it really suits me. Plus, it should be easy to drive on track days. AT 7/10ths, it'll be close to a cruise but still fast enough to permit plenty of open track. I've checked in with my two favorite track-day sponsors and I'm good to go. I figure to ease back into it with the Novice group to get my bearings and then migrate up as appropriate. Just looking to have a little recreational entertainment.

I loved my Focus RS. It was easy to drive and rowing is fun, but at this point, the DSG will allow me to concentrate on my line, other cars, etc. rather than coordinating the shifting process. Especially trying to heel-toe. Take care!