Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

New BIG MOUTH Shine!!

Trader history for VelossaTech (0)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I plan on getting one of these around when I order my IC, to install at the same time.

But I was wondering just how many more times the price of this item would be if you were even able to manufacture it in 100% real carbon fiber?? (3x, 4x the current price, or more?)

OP
VelossaTech
Thread Starter #5
I plan on getting one of these around when I order my IC, to install at the same time.

But I was wondering just how many more times the price of this item would be if you were even able to manufacture it in 100% real carbon fiber?? (3x, 4x the current price, or more?)
I can see it cost 3x-4x to make it correctly out of carbon fiber. That may be a little overkill though on the price to the consumer. I know carbon fiber is the best looking, lightest and strongest material we can practically use today, but for this part in this application it would be a waste.

I very seldom get people complain about the price of BIG MOUTHs (there is nothing like it, full customizability and performance backed up with engineering data etc... etc..) but those who do are expecting to pay 50 dollars for something. Those guys are usually very young and this is their first car.

I did NOT raise the price on the BIG MOUTH (for ANY platform) despite the new finishing process, which adds quite a bit of effort to make glossy and pretty like that. I wanted to remain at this price point to ensure everyone gets to enjoy this amazing product.

#deadserious

Quick question !
Does this fit a europe Fiesta ST ?

Some idiot hit my front bumper with his tow hook...
New bumper and better intercooler incomming, so a big mouth would be a nice extra.

OP
VelossaTech
Thread Starter #7
Quick question !
Does this fit a europe Fiesta ST ?

Some idiot hit my front bumper with his tow hook...
New bumper and better intercooler incomming, so a big mouth would be a nice extra.
Yes it will fit a european FiST.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I can see it cost 3x-4x to make it correctly out of carbon fiber. That may be a little overkill though on the price to the consumer. I know carbon fiber is the best looking, lightest and strongest material we can practically use today, but for this part in this application it would be a waste.

I very seldom get people complain about the price of BIG MOUTHs (there is nothing like it, full customizability and performance backed up with engineering data etc... etc..) but those who do are expecting to pay 50 dollars for something. Those guys are usually very young and this is their first car.

I did NOT raise the price on the BIG MOUTH (for ANY platform) despite the new finishing process, which adds quite a bit of effort to make glossy and pretty like that. I wanted to remain at this price point to ensure everyone gets to enjoy this amazing product.

#deadserious

OK, thank you, as I was just curious about that possibility, and I agree with you on the material choice, since the 'prettiness factor' does not even really come into play, given how much of it is hidden from site once installed.

The glossy version is more than enough as far as the aesthetics go, given the minimal exposed parts of this item. [wink]

Bluedrank

Just another reason why you guys are the best at what you do. I get such a joy from seeing my snorkel everyday when I walk out and first see my car.

Also, I'm really excited to see what the rear fins end up looking like. We need pics soon!

Bluedrank

Yes that was probably a good guess, just assumed i was screwing something up.
Also any support for the 2016 yet?
These work fine with 2016 cars. The changes made to the intake are further up and do not affect where you would install the snorkel.

OP
VelossaTech
Thread Starter #15
I've got the Big Mouth on my 2016, so no need to worry.
Yep it works on the 2016, will edit the product description right now. We in fact got hacked the other day, website was shut down for 3 days. We do know that someone in China had done it. Not sure if it is related to the hurricane or not, let's just say I had a bad weekend.

Google is showing me a lot of unmentionable things but I can't find this.. can you post up a link for the Google inept please?

I am wondering if they make a plain black one, and not just ones with super bright glow in the dark rainbow colors. Thanks!

Google is showing me a lot of unmentionable things but I can't find this.. can you post up a link for the Google inept please?

I am wondering if they make a plain black one, and not just ones with super bright glow in the dark rainbow colors. Thanks!
if you just click the linky in VelossaTech signature you'll get there. also you can get the stealthy black on black option as well!

OP
VelossaTech
Thread Starter #18