Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

new goodies on the site and more on the way

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
As has already been stated, there's no way you stopped in 60ft. Just none. Maybe something like an Ariel Atom could do it.

All I'm pointing out is that the lack of info is intrinsic to many aftermarket vendors across every platform I've been on. No surprise there.

No name brakes from a mystery manufacturer need more info if I'm gonna trust them with my life and the lives of others around me. Period. When I do get a BBK, it won't be the mystery calipers. Strictly a reputable brand that's been making them for decades. Ya know, cuz my life literally depends on it.

And as I said already, I'm glad the manifold exists for those who want the option. I'm a bang for buck builder and I'll be skipping it. The money is better spent on something like an lsd (or two lol)
Ron has said that the kit is manufactured by a big name vendor, I believe he even said it shares a manufacturer with one on his site. The reason they are low price is because they are unbranded. Unbranded does not mean cheap. If a brand comes out and says yeah that's our kit - EBC, AP, whomever - then the market for that companies kit would plummet. I've done a few panic stops from triple digits down to zero. I trust them.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^IF I knew that they were manufactured by AP Racing, they'd be on the car already. [wink]

But yes, I FULLY understand why the manufacturer cannot be revealed at all.

The 330mm brake kit I bought from whoosh has been phenomenal and I second the post above mine, you got any questions ask away. I managed to brake from 80 mph in about 60 ft with 200 tread tires. I know this because the tunnel I go through on the way to work is marked every 10 ft with a stiffener. I had to brake quickly to avoid a collision just yesterday due to a blind curve and traffic on the other side.

Sent from my IN2019 using Tapatalk
So your car brakes at 3.5gs?

Distance = 1/2 * ((initial vel)^2 / deceleration)

60ft=1/2*((117.3ft/s)^2 / a)
A=114.6ft/s/s of deceleration.

114.6/32.2=3.55gs

You have an Indy car there. Pretty sure my math is right, did it eating a sandwich.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Pretty interesting new part, the airtec turbo inlet.

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...port-enlarged-turbo-inlet-2014-2019-fiesta-st

curious what you guys think of it.
possibly going to replace my stock turbo with another stock turbo (likely damaged) and was wondering if it's a worthwhile expenditure.
When I did a hybrid turbo, I went with the coated inlet elbow as well. It was affordable and seemed like a good "while I'm in there" part. I've since switched to an S280 so if you are looking for a turbo inlet, I'll sell you mine.

ronmcdon

When I did a hybrid turbo, I went with the coated inlet elbow as well. It was affordable and seemed like a good "while I'm in there" part. I've since switched to an S280 so if you are looking for a turbo inlet, I'll sell you mine.
Oh thank you for the offer but just ordered the Airtec last night

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #674
Pretty interesting new part, the airtec turbo inlet.

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...port-enlarged-turbo-inlet-2014-2019-fiesta-st

curious what you guys think of it.
possibly going to replace my stock turbo with another stock turbo (likely damaged) and was wondering if it's a worthwhile expenditure.

quality piece for sure :cool:
it's the best turbo inlet option I've seen so far and it's replacing the current metal inlet we supply
the only option close to the Airtec is the Pumaspeed which has been available a while but the puma does not include a gasket and has a home depot style brass barb jammed into the aluminum bell for vacuum

vs the NEW Airtec with a quality gasket and molded barb in the silicone hose for the boost solenoid vacuum refernce

this design may also reduce the amount of tea pot whisting at low RPM's from hybrid turbos as well :unsure:

Magnetic

it's the best turbo inlet option I've seen so far and it's replacing the current metal inlet we supply
the only option close to the Airtec is the Pumaspeed which has been available a while but the puma does not include a gasket and has a home depot style brass barb jammed into the aluminum bell for vacuum

vs the NEW Airtec with a quality gasket and molded barb in the silicone hose for the boost solenoid vacuum refernce

this design may also reduce the amount of tea pot whisting at low RPM's from hybrid turbos as well :unsure:
Sweet! This might have to go on before the Airtec Manifold. Thanks Ron for all these AWESOME products!

Magnetic

Hey guys,

How involved is it to replace this with leaving the turbo on the car? I'd like to order today if I can do it myself so I can get it Saturday.

Thanks in advance!

I placed an order for a Whoosh hybrid on 10/13, which I assume will be a mid to late Nov ship date. Will my turbo come with the upgraded Airtec inlet?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
25 full sets on the way from europe (NOT china)
they won't be the cheapest but will be priced competitively
we'll have them on the site before the end of this month

View attachment 45485

Can we pre-order to reserve a set, and can they be had sans pads??

(If not, what are those pads equivalent to as far as compound/uses go?)