Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

new intake option available - aFe Takeda direct fit kits for 2014-2015 & 2016+ Fiesta ST's

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I see that there are holes on the upper driver's side and lower passenger side of the airbox. Are these possible provisions for a cold air feed hose similar to the ST200 airbox?

Also, just to confirm, will all VelossaTech Big Mouth's plug right into this airbox?

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I see that there are holes on the upper driver's side and lower passenger side of the airbox. Are these possible provisions for a cold air feed hose similar to the ST200 airbox?

Also, just to confirm, will all VelossaTech Big Mouth's plug right into this airbox?
Historically these plugs on the AFE Takeda intakes are for noise. You either want noise or no noise, plug in = maximum performance but no noise, plug out = noise.

Thats all they are for. I doubt that it has the provision for a ST200 / Mountune style hose on the bottom.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #7

I'll verify the side hole with my rep at aFe, not sure their intent honestly

Velossa Tech parts will fit , no issue

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Post a review afterward. I know the Cobb is more expensive, but it looks like it includes the crossover pipe.
I will I'm trying to decide whether or not to use the 14/15 evap harness or not. I originally bought it to go with moutune silicone/whoosh crossover. Days later Cobb came out and grabbed it. It will work with either. I emailed Cobb and they wouldn't say whether one would be better than the other.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
I will I'm trying to decide whether or not to use the 14/15 evap harness or not. I originally bought it to go with moutune silicone/whoosh crossover. Days later Cobb came out and grabbed it. It will work with either. I emailed Cobb and they wouldn't say whether one would be better than the other.
I always liked the Takeda when I was contemplating a Type R. Remember thinking be nice if the FiST had one and here it is. I may grab one at some point and just try both set ups. Lately Ive been in love with burning cash for no reason at all. It hurts like an addiction, I should be finishing the downstairs bathroom instead lol.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Historically these plugs on the AFE Takeda intakes are for noise. You either want noise or no noise, plug in = maximum performance but no noise, plug out = noise.

Thats all they are for. I doubt that it has the provision for a ST200 / Mountune style hose on the bottom.
As much as I love aFe products (I have used their dry flow panel filters ever since they were available for the LS1s, and now with this ride as well), IF the above is actually the case, I will just stick with my stealthy, factory appearing, ST200 box.

Unlike everyone else on here, I am NOT a fan of either intake or turbo /'spool' noise at all.

As much as I love aFe products (I have used their dry flow panel filters ever since they were available for the LS1s, and now with this ride as well), IF the above is actually the case, I will just stick with my stealthy, factory appearing, ST200 box.

Unlike everyone else on here, I am NOT a fan of either intake or turbo /'spool' noise at all.
I'm also not the biggest fan of intake noise, however I am still interested in the aFe!

The new Cobb Carbon Fiber intake actually interests me more as I get to retain the lower half of my ST200 Airbox which I think pairs perfectly w/ the VelossaTech Big Mouth!

Nothing has pried my eyes away from the ST200box i love my OEM+ looking setup, but dang i like Takeda too.
I want it just to say i have one :LOL:

Not sure how i feel about the hose with this box tho, im guessing we wouldnt be able to mate a different hose to it?

Magnetic

I always liked the Takeda when I was contemplating a Type R. Remember thinking be nice if the FiST had one and here it is. I may grab one at some point and just try both set ups. Lately Ive been in love with burning cash for no reason at all. It hurts like an addiction, I should be finishing the downstairs bathroom instead lol.
I'm in the same boat!! Been on a frenzy and trying to hold back so I dont finish the car too fast LoL I keep saying to myself "One thing at a time George!" HaHa

Plus I want to see the difference each upgrade makes.

Itā€™s not just you man. I think thatā€™s a lot of us on here!

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #16

from aFe:
The plug is there for added airflow if the consumer wants additional flow to accommodate upgrades. If they remove the plug the system will get louder.