Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Preferred Oil and Filter for the RS

Hey Everyone,

Im just curious what others are using for oil and the filter?

I reviewed the threads and though the thread regarding the first oil change did touch on the topic slightly, I did not see a specific thread to what your preferences were. Prior to owning the RS I had a WRX and I really liked using the OEM Subaru filters with Motul oil. I looked up Motul oil and it seems the only 5W50 they offered was "Sport" oil. Not really sure what that means.

Thank you in advance for any responses.

James

OP
Ultimax15
Thread Starter #2
Hello Everyone,

I didn't hear anything back so I decided to go with the OEM Ford oil for now. After more research I actually discovered there weren't many other manufacturers that actually met Ford's specs for the oil.

I am still curious as to what you guys are using for filters? Also, how often are you changing the oil?

Thank you,

James

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Hi James!
For now I'm going full OEM.

IF I decide to change it up I'd go with Amsoil Signature Series... it has protectants for the detergent additives in today's fuels that gunk up DI engines.

OP
Ultimax15
Thread Starter #4
Hey thanks for the response GhostRS. I did end up sticking with the factory Ford oil. I planned to also stick with the Motocraft filter but after receiving it from Amazon along with a Purolator One that I bought to compare, I decided to go with the Purolator filter. The only reason for this is Amazon shipped the Motocraft without any covering at all. It was clearly dirty and I had no faith the inside was clean. But, I will be honest, from what I could see of the Purolator, I don't know that I would plan to go with anything else.

James

OP
Ultimax15
Thread Starter #6
Hey MKIIRS,

Did you mean to say Mobil oil filter or are you using Mobil oil?

James