Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Rant: Just when you thought you were doing well...

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
I'm 42. The RS is the nicest car I've bought myself to date.

Well, the president of my company asked me the other day how I liked the RS. He's a big car guy (his current "fun" car is a Porsche GT3). I, of course, said I was loving it.
He then tells me he wants to buy his oldest daughter one... um, she's 16 and this would be her first car.
SERIOUSLY?

I told him I wasn't sure if t was the best car to get a new driver.
He responds he's "trying to convince her to get it... she keeps telling him she doesn't like the 'taily-thing' on the back"... [facepalm]

I told him at that point that her comment alone should tell him it's not the car for her.... UGH! [?|]

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
It sounds like he is using her as an excuse to get a Focus RS. I would agree an RS is not a good first car unless you know what the vehicle is all about.

I'm 42. The RS is the nicest car I've bought myself to date.

Well, the president of my company asked me the other day how I liked the RS. He's a big car guy (his current "fun" car is a Porsche GT3). I, of course, said I was loving it.
He then tells me he wants to buy his oldest daughter one... um, she's 16 and this would be her first car.
SERIOUSLY?

I told him I wasn't sure if t was the best car to get a new driver.
He responds he's "trying to convince her to get it... she keeps telling him she doesn't like the 'taily-thing' on the back"... [facepalm]

I told him at that point that her comment alone should tell him it's not the car for her.... UGH! [?|]