Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Retrofit Headlight Service (Old Group Buy-No Longer Active)

Trader history for NorthLightingConcepts (2)

OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #61
Picked up an xbox 360 power supply that I am going to mod into a pseudo ballast to power the lights. Will have some photos for you guys of an expected output and cut off line etc; once I get it all rewired.

OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #62
Got the jig in yesterday and started working on requiring the Xbox power brick to power the headlights. Hope to have some photos of output, etc tonight. I have a power outlet on the bed of the truck so I’m going to try and give some real world output results.

OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #64
Played around with the 12v source and got them fired up. That cutoff line looks nice. This was approximately 30 seconds warm up.the jig didn’t come with the right washers for what I needed so I’ll have to get some from the store.
The laser and universal square I need still hasn’t shipped from Amazon when I placed the order last week so I a little upset about that, but hopefully soon.

pay no mind to the first one looking wonky. It wasn’t screwed into the projector just being held in place by my hand testing my wiring.
81CBB57C-1B5A-4C36-B601-D155CC4ECD7E.jpeg 6F41287B-28ED-4372-AAFF-E1031D429A65.jpeg

OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #66
The cut off on the MH1 8.0s is a lot more crisp than the 7.0s were. This 7.0s had more of a slope, and not so much of a flat line.

Amazon advised Wednesday is expedited day for the last of the parts I need to get this project going and Tuesday for the last and hopefully final replacement set and we can finally get this into high gear.

OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #69
So far we have the following people in this order who has posted with interest in having this done. if I have missed you please let me know.

@brandon_bxtr
@SenorStankyLeg
@wes
@pirite
@BuiltforSin
@Remi
@SwissLime

I will be making a separate post with updated pricing and options in the future. The rest of my parts are set to arrive middle to end of this week so I hope to have these sets finished up in the next week or so and will be opening the wait list.

OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #70
The jig is not compatible with the DEPO headlights. The lines in the reftector bowl are not actually straight and do not provide a good reference.
The projectors can be installed using the threaded shaft method, and the concept will still be the same, where I use lasers and a level surface to determine cutoff alignment.
Both ways are just as good, but it is unfortunate that I waited so long on the jig to find out it did not suit the purpose I needed it for.
Last set of headlamps showed up yesterday and the other bits I needs showed up just a few minutes ago, so this weekend will be headlight retrofitting mania!
CAAAANNNNMN YOU DIIIIIG IIIITTTTT?!! (Those who know...know)

Yay finally I got a set of headlights instead of a single headlight lol.Cant wait for the finished product.