Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

What did you do with your RS today?

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #146
Made an appt for my first oil change. I'll bring it in Monday since I have off.

I'm taking it in after hitting 1,000 miles. Always been a fan of the first oil change around that mark. And this one is free, so it's no money out of pocket.
I'll go to every 5K thereafter.

LonestarRS

Made an appt for my first oil change. I'll bring it in Monday since I have off.

I'm taking it in after hitting 1,000 miles. Always been a fan of the first oil change around that mark. And this one is free, so it's no money out of pocket.
I'll go to every 5K thereafter.
Good call. I also do every 5k for peace of mind.

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #148
BTW- anyone here experienced the coolant/head gasket issue?
I have not, but have heard rumblings.

Last edited:

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
BTW- anyone here experienced the coolant/he'd gasket issue?
I have not, but have heard rumblings.
Been hearing the same and keeping an eye on the motor too, especially with the warm months coming ahead.

LonestarRS

I'll check mine every so often as well. But so far so good.
I saw a video on youtube about a guy complaining with leaking gasket and he ended having to replace his motor. I put a piece of cardboard underneath my car in the garage and check it every time I pull out.

On a side note I had to order another set of valve stem cap because some idiot decided to steal two.

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #152
I saw a video on youtube about a guy complaining with leaking gasket and he ended having to replace his motor. I put a piece of cardboard underneath my car in the garage and check it every time I pull out.

On a side note I had to order another set of valve stem cap because some idiot decided to steal two.
I think you would smell antifreeze.

My garage floor is white tile, so I look at it like a hawk all the time.

2 valve stems? That's lame... sounds like someone was jealous.

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #153
At Ford right now getting my 1,000 mile oil change. I actually hit 1,000 miles on the way to the appointment.

LOL the service advisor was like, "um, you don't need an oil change, you only have 1k on the car"....
I said I know but now that it's broken in I wanted it done, plus it's a free oil change. He agreed. It's not gonna hurt it. I figure I might as well do it for piece of mind.