What did you do detail-related today?

GhostRS

Staff member
Sadly, nothing... with the snow and salt everywhere, there's no use doing anything.

Come on spring!!!

GhostRS

Staff member
Still waiting on a warm weather weekend for a full detail of the RS. I'm still planning on doing a full documentation of my process.

GhostRS

Staff member
FINALLY have a weekend coming up that is free.
So I will be doing a full detail on the RS the weekend of the 29th-30th this month.
I will make sure to do a full write up and take lots of pics [thumb] [MENTION=48]LonestarRS[/MENTION]

LonestarRS

haha thanks. Weather has been poor here, but I need to polish and wax a few more areas. Might do it before the big TX meet.

GhostRS

Staff member
haha thanks. Weather has been poor here, but I need to polish and wax a few more areas. Might do it before the big TX meet.
You HAVE TO do it up before the meet [clap]

I'm finally going to get out all the little crap wrong with it from the travel and dealer. I'll make sure to get some before shots as well so you see I did have imperfections and wasn't just insane [rofl]

MKIIIRS

Administrator
You guys recommend clay baring before polish or is it not necessary?

GhostRS

Staff member
You guys recommend clay baring before polish or is it not necessary?
I usually clay and decontaminate 2x a year... spring and fall. Then I correct/polish and LSP.

MKIIIRS

Administrator
Use IronX straight out of the bottle or do I need to dilute it?

GhostRS

Staff member
Use IronX straight out of the bottle or do I need to dilute it?
Spray it on your car directly. No diluting. But only leave it on 10 min then rinse it thoroughly.

GhostRS

Staff member
Just placed an order for some new detailing products. I plan to use them on the RS next weekend. I've heard great things about them so I thought I'd give them a go.
I'll let you guys know what I think of them [thumb]

MKIIIRS

Administrator
Ok I just ordered some ironx, never used it before but will post my thoughts.

GhostRS

Staff member
Ok I just ordered some ironx, never used it before but will post my thoughts.
I recommend using it BEFORE claying. And make sure to rinse it thoroughly. Also don't leave it on for more than 10 minutes.
I usually spray it on, wait 5 min, use a wet microfiber and spread it out to make sure it gets everywhere, then rinse.
You can use it on your wheels as well.

TIP: Do NOT store it with the sprayer in the bottle. Keep the reg top for it for when it's not being used. Mine have consistently leaked when I've left the sprayer on the bottle.

And just to let you know, the stuff STINKS really bad... like rotten eggs and perm (for your hair). SO use in a well ventilated area... like outside! LOL

Good luck!

MKIIIRS

Administrator
Thanks for the tips and I'll try to do it early before the neighbors get up so that they don't complain of the smell lol.

I recommend using it BEFORE claying. And make sure to rinse it thoroughly. Also don't leave it on for more than 10 minutes.
I usually spray it on, wait 5 min, use a wet microfiber and spread it out to make sure it gets everywhere, then rinse.
You can use it on your wheels as well.

TIP: Do NOT store it with the sprayer in the bottle. Keep the reg top for it for when it's not being used. Mine have consistently leaked when I've left the sprayer on the bottle.

And just to let you know, the stuff STINKS really bad... like rotten eggs and perm (for your hair). SO use in a well ventilated area... like outside! LOL

Good luck!