Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

BIG MOUTH picture thread!

Trader history for VelossaTech (0)

As far as intake temperatures, how much of a difference does it make? I already used a hole saw to drill a couple holes in that spot and I saw a huge drop in intake temps so this would be interesting to see if it drops it even more.

OP
VelossaTech
Thread Starter #22
As far as intake temperatures, how much of a difference does it make? I already used a hole saw to drill a couple holes in that spot and I saw a huge drop in intake temps so this would be interesting to see if it drops it even more.
You will definitely see a decrease in IAT. Although that is a nice by product of having this inlet, it was not the sole design intent to decrease IAT. By nature, it was designed to raise the air pressure to the inlet of the compressor, which gives a boost in airflow. Imagine driving 'under' sea level, where the air pressure is a little bit higher due to your negative elevation. This device creates this high pressure environment for the compressor inlet (as if you were driving below sea level, your ambient inlet pressure is higher and this makes a huge difference), you will hit target boost at either a lower turbine speed (turbo runs more efficiently as a by product of this), or if you keep turbine speed the same (by having wastegate position unchanged, some OTS tunes do this by targeting wastegate position) you will see a boost in mass flow which equals power.

OP
VelossaTech
Thread Starter #27
Here is his car. He came by and got it done in about an hour.

We were able to get the stock bumper cover back on. It does touch the intake but if you massage it back in place, all the clips will go back just fine.

Bluedrank

Oh I didn't realize these have issues with the 2016 models. What needs to be done differently to get it to work?

dyn085

2000 Post Club

Are there any pics of the bumper cover installed, like this, but shot from the engine side forward?

Can someone comment on the performance of this unit? I would like to see for those that have upgraded intercoolers, what your Charge Air Temperatures compare to the ambient air. Right now as my car is rolling, I have anywhere from a 6-12 degree difference from Ambient to my Charge intake temperatures with my Injen Intake.
[MENTION=3407]VelossaTech[/MENTION] [MENTION=3995]jeff[/MENTION] [MENTION=3570]mercdank[/MENTION]

jeff

2000 Post Club
Can someone comment on the performance of this unit? I would like to see for those that have upgraded intercoolers, what your Charge Air Temperatures compare to the ambient air. Right now as my car is rolling, I have anywhere from a 6-12 degree difference from Ambient to my Charge intake temperatures with my Injen Intake.
[MENTION=3407]VelossaTech[/MENTION] [MENTION=3995]jeff[/MENTION] [MENTION=3570]mercdank[/MENTION]
I'm just about to leave town for a week without my FiST. Otherwise I'd check for you. Maybe one of the other guys can. If not I will when I return.

My logs are on my other computer but my ambient and charge temps are closer than 6-8 degrees if I recall correctly.

I am thinking running one of those with the stock air box wth you guys think about Rain and snow ? ? Actually not really worries about the Rain but snow??

OP
VelossaTech
Thread Starter #36
I am thinking running one of those with the stock air box wth you guys think about Rain and snow ? ? Actually not really worries about the Rain but snow??
Rain or snow shouldnt effect it. Theres a filter in between the big mouth and your intake.

Also for IAT. A true ram intake is not solely intended to lower IAT, althoug that is a byproduct of the design by nature. The intent is pressure conversion when the car is in motion. Basically, ram air into your airbox using forward motion of car, build up pressure, correlates into more mass air flow and/or less wastegate duty cycle which is worlds better than just lowering IAT alone.