Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Group buy - 2jr wilwood big brake kit! $699

Trader history for joe@2j-racing (0)

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Def interested at 699.
You can pre-pay the $699 and if we can't get enough buyers he can refund you. The more paid buyers we have the faster the group buy will happen.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I could not wait any longer for the GB as I have to get this car on the road and broke in soon, Joe took care of me on my custom 11.75 kit to fit 15" wheels, thanks!!!!

I could not wait any longer for the GB as I have to get this car on the road and broke in soon, Joe took care of me on my custom 11.75 kit to fit 15" wheels, thanks!!!!
I'm on the list as of 3 or 4 weeks ago, wondering how many are on right now? The stock brakes were absolutely pathetic on the track and they're squealing now in stop and go traffic. Anyone hesitant about the upgrade, if you plan on tracking your car just do it! Show, go, and easy pad changes/more selection!

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I may of posted this before, compare pad costs for ST fitment track pads and then for 6712 fitment pads to fit the wilwoods, and then replacement rotor costs versus rotor life. Not only better brakes that can handle the abuse but if you track much it will not take a great deal of time to pay for the brakes in consumable savings then keep on saving......

I have found the Hawk DTC60 full race pads Joe recommends for $137 a set, I have not asked for his price but he takes care of us.

BP20 pads from Wilwood are under $100 a set and probably better than stock pads but ask Joe of course.

Rotors the brakes come with are around $87 at Wilwood, not sure Joe's cost.

What do stock pads and rotors cost, how long do they last, brake fade an issue, etc.....?

I had to get the most expensive GT rotors, close to double the regular rotor cost but they are denser as needed the added mass since a smaller diameter rotor but those are dang good rotors what will last really well on track, I am hard on brakes and building a very quick ST.

Lessor pads cost a bit less if you do not need quite that much pad.

OP
joe@2j-racing
Thread Starter #86
We have all the kits in bound from Wilwood! We were able to mix our order with the Nissan kits to get this GB price from Wilwood without having to keep everyone waiting. Wilwood is making the Fiesta ST red calipers this week and will ship to us in two weeks. We have 2 kits that will be in stock that can ship at the GB price. And we also got in 2 rear kits at the same GB price!

"Joe,
ETA will be about 2 weeks, red calipers need to be made.
Miguel Jimenez – Tech Consultant / Account Manager"

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Great news:)

This is a dang good deal for dang good brakes, best value you can find, anywhere by far, very much appreciate you doing this for the community.

Rick

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Are rears available at this price as well?

Also I live near Wilwood and could pick up to save on shipping.

Dave

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Take a look at the kit, really not much change except cosmetic as pretty much the same caliper type but the aluminum hat sure looks sweet. I would want a multi piston caliper if spending that much money on it but they do not offer one that does parking brake as well so you would either lose the parking brake or have to have a separate PB caliper as well and parts to locate it, hook up the cable.

http://www.wilwood.com/BrakeKits/BrakeKitsProdRear.aspx?itemno=140-11900-DR&year=2011&make=Ford&model=Fiesta&option=All

However, if a slightly bigger rotor can be found and then just a bracket made to move the caliper into position that would be a low cost upgrade that would be nice with these brakes. I have looked into this, just not found a suitable rotor yet, if I come up with something I will forward it to Joe to see if he is interested in pursuing it.

Perhaps he as something in the works and since a real racer understands real parts for real cars that really make them better and not just look at me stuff:)

Since Joe is doing so well on track with what I believe to be stock rear brakes there seems to be little or no need for an upgrade but he might have something up his sleave just not made known.

OP
joe@2j-racing
Thread Starter #91
brake.jpg

Brakes kits are in stock! Everyone's kit is shipping tomorrow. We have enough for one more kit at the GB price, after that it goes back up $200. We also have 2 rear kits in stock.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Hey Joe, got your message go ahead and add the stainless steel lines on mine and let me know how much additional.

OP
joe@2j-racing
Thread Starter #99
We've called and emailed back on each response. Let me know if you didnt receive anything

Are the brake line kits and brake kits supposed to come in 2 different shipments? I called Wilwood and they said that they come separately but are part of the same tracking number. I received the caliper/rotor kit but my brake lines are missing.