Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

new goodies on the site and more on the way

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Also in to find Caliper brand and availability of replacement seals. They looks like Brembo replacements but it's always good to ask.
I believe they are Porsche Calipers. Anyways its a great price for the package especially when you consider he has allowed different rotor sizes to fit different wheel sizes.
Very smart move.

I believe they are Porsche Calipers. Anyways its a great price for the package especially when you consider he has allowed different rotor sizes to fit different wheel sizes.
Very smart move.
I was thinking the same regarding type of caliper. Radial mounted calipers will let you rock various rotor sizes with different spacers

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I wonder if they will fit Every wheel or you will need spacers or correct wheels. Waiting on more info....its always nice to have another option!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Also in to find Caliper brand and availability of replacement seals. They looks like Brembo replacements but it's always good to ask.
Subscribing for this info. Also looking forward to a template! Those don't look like an OEM brembo design though. Also curious as to the piston diameters, as that will help determine brake bias changes.

Very smart move.
Definitely not a porsche caliper. The porsche brembo calipers have never used the bolted two-piece design that these use. They are cast monoblock. Stoptech uses the bolted two-piece design like these.

Fingers crossed the calipers are from a reputable company!

Last edited:

Business6

I'm wondering if that green is like the current STI green calipers, nitro-ish. That'd be an awesome contrast with molten orange

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Subscribing for this info. Also looking forward to a template! Those don't look like an OEM brembo design though. Also curious as to the piston diameters, as that will help determine brake bias changes.

Definitely not a porsche caliper. The porsche brembo calipers have never used the bolted two-piece design that these use. They are cast monoblock. Stoptech uses the bolted two-piece design like these.

Fingers crossed the calipers are from a reputable company!
There are actually many different Calipers used by Porsche over the years on different models I was just doing a search and seeing that. Not all are cast monoblock. Another brake that also looks very similar is the EVO 4 pots which I believe were factory Brembo’s . Also Sumitomo 4 piston Calipers . Though the lines are in the right place for a Porsche and Ron was talking about adapting Porsche 4 piston Calipers to our cars over a year ago.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
There are actually many different Calipers used by Porsche over the years on different models I was just doing a search and seeing that. Not all are cast monoblock. Another brake that also looks very similar is the EVO 4 pots which I believe were factory Brembo’s . Also Sumitomo 4 piston Calipers . Though the lines are in the right place for a Porsche and Ron was talking about adapting Porsche 4 piston Calipers to our cars over a year ago.
Would love to see a source or photo of a porsche brembo caliper that is two piece.

The fact he lists the 300mm rotors as fitting 16s gives me hope my SVT front rotor conversion and brembo calipers will fit a 16. It’s all gonna come down to whether or not that caliper is too big.

If I didn’t already have this kit ready to install though, I’d for sure be looking at these for my car. Great price.

I'm stuck in a meeting so I'm looking up like Calipers.

Here are 02-17 WRX STI calipers. Also Note that EVOs use the same calipers:
1592923087924.png

Porsche 986 calipers commonly used on civics:

1592923247541.png

Another common swap is the CTS-V caliper swap:

1592923336978.png

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
I'm stuck in a meeting so I'm looking up like Calipers.

Here are 02-17 WRX STI calipers. Also Note that EVOs use the same calipers:
View attachment 31999

Porsche 986 calipers commonly used on civics:

View attachment 32000

Another common swap is the CTS-V caliper swap:

View attachment 32001
I saw that Porsche caliper swap on Gears and Gasoline EK9 Civic video. Pretty cool that they work