Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

new goodies on the site and more on the way

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

Just ordered the GFB DV+ diverter valve! If it comes by this weekend, I’m going to be busy installing it plus an oil change and installing new wheels/tires.

green_henry

1000 Post Club

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Or just a 1/4” extender with a proper hex socket.
Generally, I use extenders, but I found that there wasn't enough clearance for the head of a "normal" hex socket on at least one of the bolts. It can work, but you'd need to angle it and that made me uncomfortable. $14 bucks was well worth it to me.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yeah, I didn't have any fancy tools...and while taking the third bolt out, my kids heard words they'd never heard of before...I saw it as a valuable life lesson to ensure they use the correct tools for the job.
[histerical]

Yeah, I did this with the passenger wheel still on the car, and am quite content that my kids were fully grown and gone, so that they could not hear words that would make the proverbial sailor blush, in reference to that bolt. [wink]

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I did it from the bottom with the passenger tire still on. Took me about 20 minutes with a jack and stands.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

The car will definitely be on jacks and with wheels off with all that stuff coming. Probably the best time to give it a go.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Ron, would you be willing to make us a svt replica rear brake kit with a 4 piston caliper and matching rotors? There's so few matching rear caliper and rotor sets.. I'm honestly waiting on one other than willwood to come out to buy an upgrade. I hear willwood doesn't come with dust boots and their pistons lock up due to brake dust getting caked in them. Plus I think they look cheap.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #596
hey guys
caliper piston size on our BBK is 38mm
and the calipers are made by the same company that makes other BBK options on our site ;)
rotor replacements will be available through whoosh and brake pad size is fairly common (P41S)
there are a few people that already took a leap of faith on them
I'll have some 330mm in Yellow, 285mm in silver with red logo and 300mm in black with white logo here very soon
custom colors are also available (within reason) upon request

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Will they fit under stock OEM wheels without spacers?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
hey guys
caliper piston size on our BBK is 38mm
and the calipers are made by the same company that makes other BBK options on our site ;)
rotor replacements will be available through whoosh and brake pad size is fairly common (P41S)
there are a few people that already took a leap of faith on them
I'll have some 330mm in Yellow, 285mm in silver with red logo and 300mm in black with white logo here very soon
custom colors are also available (within reason) upon request
38mm pistons is good news. For anyone who cares, looking at the 285mm rotor size option (since that what I care about) that puts clamping force within 1% of OEM calipers (good news!) and brake torque within 2% of OEM (since rotor is slightly larger). This means with the SVT rear rotors you can get a nice brake balance since you don't add a ton of front bias like some other kits.

I am still a bit curious as to the manufacturer though :)

Can you give us ballpark pricing on replacement rotors (complete and friction material only?). Would you say it will be easy to get replacement parts for rebuilds (pistons, seals, stainless hard lines, etc)?

Do the calipers have dust boots?

Can you link an example of a P41S brake pad (couldn't find anything with a quick google search)? I'd like to compare friction surface to OEM as well as pad options.

Are the caliper brackets aluminum or steel alloy?

Sorry for all the questions; I am excited. Thanks!!!

Edit: Any chance for a fitment template in the near future? If not, for a discount, I can CAD model them after fitment and create a template for you (hehe lol).

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #599
38mm pistons is good news. For anyone who cares, looking at the 285mm rotor size option (since that what I care about) that puts clamping force within 1% of OEM calipers (good news!) and brake torque within 2% of OEM (since rotor is slightly larger). This means with the SVT rear rotors you can get a nice brake balance since you don't add a ton of front bias like some other kits.

I am still a bit curious as to the manufacturer though :)

Can you give us ballpark pricing on replacement rotors (complete and friction material only?). Would you say it will be easy to get replacement parts for rebuilds (pistons, seals, stainless hard lines, etc)?

Do the calipers have dust boots?

Can you link an example of a P41S brake pad (couldn't find anything with a quick google search)? I'd like to compare friction surface to OEM as well as pad options.

Are the caliper brackets aluminum or steel alloy?

Sorry for all the questions; I am excited. Thanks!!!

Edit: Any chance for a fitment template in the near future? If not, for a discount, I can CAD model them after fitment and create a template for you (hehe lol).
right around $400 for replacement discs slotted or drilled
replacement parts are no problem
yes the calipers have dust boots
the brake pad can be looked up using D46 as the size
brackets are 6065 aluminum

no templates available at this time

Last edited: