Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

the ST200 air boxes have landed! In stock and ready to rock!!!!!!!

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #22
Are you guys pairing this with a aftermarket intake tube? Or just using all stock plus this box?

How is intake noise? If love to get more turbo noise from this baby turbo
I have a red Mountune silicone induction hose on mine
soon I'll add the RAMAIR crossover pipe (mine is being custom powder coated with some other engine parts)

to be quite honest fellas, the noise isn't what you'll get from an intake like Injen or something with an open element. But there is a slight growl.

Is this last one still in stock? If so I'll grab it.
yes -last one for a few weeks [bigcry]

Bluedrank

I have a red Mountune silicone induction hose on mine
soon I'll add the RAMAIR crossover pipe (mine is being custom powder coated with some other engine parts)

to be quite honest fellas, the noise isn't what you'll get from an intake like Injen or something with an open element. But there is a slight growl.

yes -last one for a few weeks [bigcry]
Just grabbed the last one!

koozy

3000 Post Club
Are you guys pairing this with a aftermarket intake tube? Or just using all stock plus this box?
I've got it paired with a Mishimoto intake tube and a RAMAIR crossover pipe. The intake tube is not necessary IMO, but I already had it. I'd be fine with the stock intake tube as well. The internal ID on the OE tube is sufficient IMO. The neck down of the crossover pipe and stock inlet elbow for those with a stock frame turbo are the main bottlenecks. I prefer the sleeper look while packing a DHM360R turbo kit with a Stratified Aux Fuel to the untrained eye [biggrin]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^SO you think that the crossover pipe, and elbow are actual power makers even when still on the full factory snail (and not just the factory 'frame', but aftermarket internal setups, like the hybrids), or would the (very small??) gains just not be worth the labor costs/effort unless also changing out the whole turbo setup? [dunno]

I am asking this SERIOUSLY, with NO sarcasm/animosity, or ill will at all. ;)

koozy

3000 Post Club
^^^SO you think that the crossover pipe, and elbow are actual power makers even when still on the full factory snail (and not just the factory 'frame', but aftermarket internal setups, like the hybrids), or would the (very small??) gains just not be worth the labor costs/effort unless also changing out the whole turbo setup? [dunno]

I am asking this SERIOUSLY, with NO sarcasm/animosity, or ill will at all. ;)
I'm not saying that at all. I am saying that those parts are IMO bottlenecks to my naked eyes and especially for my application. Without proper tools to test I can't quantify assumptions with so many variables. I'm just feeding my BIG GTX turbo with a 3" inlet how a comfortable see fit for my needs.

Bluedrank

I too will be running that setup. When this new airbox arrives, my setup will be: Velossa snorkel --> ST200 Airbox --> RamAir filter --> Mishimoto induction pipe --> RamAir crossover pipe.

I also just picked up a 63mm velocity stack that I'm thinking of pairing up with the lower air tube from this airbox. I'm hoping to mount it to a second hole that I make in the foglight housing. This will be on stock turbo.

Do I think it makes any / some difference? Ehh, I think maybe a little. I'm sure you'd get a ton more benefit off that setup using an aftermarket turbo. I do however think it gives the car access to colder air compared to stock when you pair the Velossa snorkel with the ST200 airbox's lower hose. So even if the turbo doesn't have access to more air, it does have access to better air. That's my two cents.

But, it's fun to buy and install parts on my car. Plus, I've gotten a lot more enjoyment out of buying these parts piece by piece and assembling my own full aftermarket system instead of buying something like the Cobb intake that has all of the components in one package. I just wish the RamAir crossover pipe hadn't needed to be cut, I think that will deter a lot of people from running this setup.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'm not saying that at all. I am saying that those parts are IMO bottlenecks to my naked eyes and especially for my application. Without proper tools to test I can't quantify assumptions with so many variables. I'm just feeding my BIG GTX turbo with a 3" inlet how a comfortable see fit for my needs.
OK, THANKS for the clarification! [thumb]

With that house-sized snail, I would think that there is no such thing as a 'large enough' intake OR TBE system. ;)

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #36
Ron any idea when the next shipments will arrive ?
sadly when you buy UK headlights, tails, airboxes, and badges in large QTY's UPS like to hold your shipments, add tariffs and give me a migraine!
Well that was yesterday, I should have this shipment today

I'll make sure you get your parts shipped the day I receive them
I'm sorry for the delay!

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #40
get-em while they-re HOT

back orders shipping tomorrow and a few IN STOCK!!!!!!

fresh OEM Ford UK Performance goodies!!!!! [welcome]