Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

the ST200 air boxes have landed! In stock and ready to rock!!!!!!!

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

jeff

2000 Post Club
I have a red Mountune silicone induction hose on mine
soon I'll add the RAMAIR crossover pipe (mine is being custom powder coated with some other engine parts)

to be quite honest fellas, the noise isn't what you'll get from an intake like Injen or something with an open element. But there is a slight growl.

yes -last one for a few weeks [bigcry]
I've got it paired with a Mishimoto intake tube and a RAMAIR crossover pipe. The intake tube is not necessary IMO, but I already had it. I'd be fine with the stock intake tube as well. The internal ID on the OE tube is sufficient IMO. The neck down of the crossover pipe and stock inlet elbow for those with a stock frame turbo are the main bottlenecks. I prefer the sleeper look while packing a DHM360R turbo kit with a Stratified Aux Fuel to the untrained eye [biggrin]
https://youtu.be/DHgMcEiqhug

Video of me showing the difference between the stock air box, and the ST200 airbox. I got it from

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...air-feed-hose-coming-soon?variant=45284906638

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Gentlemen,

Thanks for all the great info.

Could you comment on turbo/induction noise after install?

I've recently swapped out my beautiful but toooooooooooo loud CP-E intake and cobbled together an induction hose, panel filter, and crossover pipe as a replacement. So far I'm still about +$150 so I have money to spend. I love the new sound, all the whooshing and whistling of my X47 is gone and I can actually hear the exhaust. Rather than all the air noises I feel like I can actually hear the car.

So, I'm considering adding this ST200 box just because...but if it brings back the whooshing and whistling noises I'll be sorely disappointed. I know many of us want to hear more induction noise, but not me.

Please comment on added induction noise, based on that I will/won't purchase this.

It's not that loud at all and I can barely hear it. Even less with the radio on, if at all. I have, ramair pipe, induction hose, filter with a st200 box and big mouth. Stock turbo.

It's essentially the inner diameter of the nice aluminum mountune box and lower hose, but doesn't hold heat like aluminum, and looks stock. You'd never know it's a cai, it's a stock box. The sound with it is majestic. It's very subtle and I don't want to use the word "quite", but maybe 10% louder than stock but flows nicer. It's a very mellow sound. If you heard the difference in a stock symposer vs removed, the difference in stock box to st200 is much less than that difference.

I think you'll be very happy, as I am

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
So, I'm considering adding this ST200 box just because...but if it brings back the whooshing and whistling noises I'll be sorely disappointed. I know many of us want to hear more induction noise, but not me.

Please comment on added induction noise, based on that I will/won't purchase this.
Same here, as all of the; chirping, PSSH PSSH, whistles, turbo whine, etc., do NOTHING AT ALL for me, and I too would rather just hear exhaust noises (which I do now with the CP-E Nexus system, and the factory air box with ANY filter installed in it)! [thumb]

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #67
always in stock

add a RAMAIR filter orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Green Filter now [wave]