Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

What did you do with your RS today?

LonestarRS

[MENTION=132]GhostRS[/MENTION] can you post some close-up pics of your mud flaps? Mine just arrived and I was looking through the install, it's a bit intrusive so I want to make sure its worth the install lol.

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #282
[MENTION=132]GhostRS[/MENTION] can you post some close-up pics of your mud flaps? Mine just arrived and I was looking through the install, it's a bit intrusive so I want to make sure its worth the install lol.
Not sure if these pics help:

My husband said the hardware actually acts as a "reinforcement" to the rear flap since there isn't really anything behind the bumper.

meFiSTo

I got my "winter" (really fall/winter/spring) wheels from Discount today.

Wheels: 18x8 OZ Hyper GT HLT
Tires: Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 all-seasons in 225/40-18.

That was the TR size recommendation. For my purposes (basically winter street rubber), I like the smaller size. If needed, I can fit chains under there to get out of an icy/snowy ditch. Then: OFF!

It took me a little getting used to the difference from stock (visually). I think that if I were looking for these to be track wheels, I'd opt for 235/40-18 size tires.

Ride is very smooth on this setup. Seems less jarring in general.

Some images of the wheels on:

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
Those wheels look great Kim. Did you pick them up with tires and TPMS directly from Discount Tires or ordered the wheels separately through TR? You think there's sufficient clearance to go 235/45/18?

meFiSTo

Those wheels look great Kim. Did you pick them up with tires and TPMS directly from Discount Tires or ordered the wheels separately through TR? You think there's sufficient clearance to go 235/45/18?
Discount matched the TR package with a slight discount from that.

No idea about the bigger tire fit. Chalon over at PCA might be able to speak to that or maybe the TR reps. I’d check with Chalon first. These 225/40-18s have rallyx kind of clearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #289
Always a big fan of the OZs.... looking good!

Damn, it IS almost time for the winter set up to go on. Booooooooooooooo
Normally they would have gone on by now (Oct. 1st) but the terms have been jumping into the low 80s here still! I'm hoping to hold out till November.

meFiSTo

Always a big fan of the OZs.... looking good!

Damn, it IS almost time for the winter set up to go on. Booooooooooooooo
Normally they would have gone on by now (Oct. 1st) but the terms have been jumping into the low 80s here still! I'm hoping to hold out till November.
I'm guessing your 4C eventually goes up on blocks for the winter in your neck of the woods. That looks like quite a track-day car. And, oh, the Buell. I bet that's fun. We should have an "other" vehicle thread. Then I could get a look at those beauties and you could see our mint green Avalon!

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #291
I'm guessing your 4C eventually goes up on blocks for the winter in your neck of the woods. That looks like quite a track-day car. And, oh, the Buell. I bet that's fun. We should have an "other" vehicle thread. Then I could get a look at those beauties and you could see our mint green Avalon!
Other car thread: http://www.focusrsforum.com/forum/threads/606-Your-Stable

I should add more pics.

Yeah, the husband tucks the bike and 4C away at the first sign of salt and brine on the roads.

AVALON!!!!!!!! [rockon]

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #292
Finally broke down and put the winter wheels and tires on.

Sucked too- I️ always clean up the ones coming off so I️ was washing wheels and tires in 35 degrees. BRRRR!

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #294
Its getting cold here too, mine is going back into winter hibernation during thanksgiving.[bigcry]
I currently still have my “beater” so I don’t have to drive the RS this winter, but I’d like to see how it drives in some snow.

After attending RS Adrenaline Academy I wish that we would get some snow here so I can practice drifting without ruining my tires.[biggrin]

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #297
Drove the RS today for the first time this season with the winter set up on... definitely a harsher ride but it's all good [like]

Called TireRack and ordered another tire!

While checking tire pressure yesterday I noticed a bubble on the rt. front tire. Guess it's time to try out their road hazard warranty. FYI- if one buys tires from TR, they usually give a 2 year road hazard along with the sale. It's not an in-house warranty so you have to make a call to the company that handles the claim. They want 4 photos of the tire- the tread, the DOT imprint, the size and the mfg. I sent off the photos and now they want a photo of the inside "lining" to tell if it's defective or pot-holed! Don't really recall hitting anything. So this morning I drove down to TR's warehouse and picked up a new tire.

I'm thinking about picking up one of TRs closeout wheels ($79 on line) but think I'll wait till after Christmas when there are more sales. The bubbled tire isn't cut so maybe I'll keep it as a spare.

BTW, in the past when I bought tires from DiscountTire, a call brought a replacement tire under their road hazard program with no hassle and no photos. They only charged $10.00.

Ford Community Posts