Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

What did you do with your RS today?

I don't know personally, but I hear the Rokblokz are nicer than the Rally Armor. At least that's what the guy's opinion was who had the Rokblokz.

I'd like to see Ford come out with a mounded mud flap like they offer for the ST. Everything else I've seen look like the mud flaps that 18 wheelers wear. It one thing if you're going to do some serious Pro-Rally sections but that's not the case with most of us.

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #242
I'd like to see Ford come out with a mounded mud flap like they offer for the ST. Everything else I've seen look like the mud flaps that 18 wheelers wear. It one thing if you're going to do some serious Pro-Rally sections but that's not the case with most of us.
I really like that aggressive look.... I've seen it on the STIs for a while. Might as well copy!
And regardless of appearance, they will be functional.

LonestarRS

Can you share a picture or link to it? I thought that mud-flaps for the ST are compatible on the RS too.

Can you share a picture or link to it? I thought that mud-flaps for the ST are compatible on the RS too.
Unfortunately I can't, I saw a post regarding somebody who bought a set and they don't really fit around the lower body molding and they have to be screwed into the inner fender well rather than fitting into existing hardware. They actually had a ford motor company logo and part number on them but they came from Thailand and it cost me as much to send them back as I pay for them.
They can be made to fit but they don't fit perfectly

LonestarRS

Unfortunately I can't, I saw a post regarding somebody who bought a set and they don't really fit around the lower body molding and they have to be screwed into the inner fender well rather than fitting into existing hardware. They actually had a ford motor company logo and part number on them but they came from Thailand and it cost me as much to send them back as I pay for them.
They can be made to fit but they don't fit perfectly
Oh I see.

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #246
Decided last minute this morning to skip the gym and meet my husband down at our local C&C this morning.

I pulled up into a sea of Porches, Ferraris, BMWs, etc. and ended up having quite a bit of attention on my car. [woot]

Last edited:

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
Nice to see the RS still draws attention more than a year after it was released.

Decided last minute this morning to skip the gym and meet my husband down at our local C&C this morning.

I pulled up into a sea of Porches, Ferraris, BMWs, etc. and ended up having quite a bit of attention on my car. [woot]

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #248
Yeah it was nice. There was an ST there who was drooling over my car ;)

LonestarRS

I can see that especially how rare gray is.

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #251
Looks like my mudflats are out for delivery.
Also got a shipping notification on the inlays for the engine bay [rockon]

I'll post post pics, etc when I get everything.

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #253
Mudflats are installed... my husband worked from home yesterday and surprised me by installing them while I was at work.
So sadly I have no installation pics. He said they were very easy to install and very well made.

I need to get some decent pics of them on. I think they look great.

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
Can't wait to see what they look like.

Mudflats are installed... my husband worked from home yesterday and surprised me by installing them while I was at work.
So sadly I have no installation pics. He said they were very easy to install and very well made.

I need to get some decent pics of them on. I think they look great.

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #257
Can you take some closer pics? Does it mount nice and flat against the fender or are there small gaps?
Yup, I'll take more for you.
They all mount flush... HOWEVER, since the rear is sort of "free-floating", the kit gives you these mounts to brace behind the fender.

meFiSTo

My first mod involved getting the passenger seat bolstering/cushioning retooled to make it livable for my wife.

I'll put this bluntly: she HATED the passenger Recaro seat when we got this car. At the dealership, it was nearly a show stopper. It was VERY close. The one thing that I made sure she understood was that getting the seat adjusted was easy -- you just have to find someone that knows what they are doing. Luckily for us, such a place is five minutes from the house. All City Convertible & Customs

I unequivocally recommend them.

You can barely tell anything happened, but my wife was in personal posterior bliss. I'm taking the Fiesta ST in there to get a similar (although it's likely to be slightly different) adjustment.

Generally, owner Matt changed out some material to a more forgiving memory foam, removed some foam right where my wife's hips were being pinched, and then added a slight platform at the back of the seat to pop her up a little (allowing here to put here feet flat when she sits). OMG. It was bliss to see my wife smiling and sitting comfortably in my car.

I want this to be a car we can take on road trips. That involves a ton of seat time. Depending on how things go, I might get something similar done to the driver's side. The passenger seat is flat out just more comfortable now. However, the seats are mechanically different, so I'm going to hold off to see how the driver's side settles in. But the Fiesta passenger seat is getting this. I suspect we'll be using that car more and more for trips to the city if we can get that seating right as well. The Fiesta is SOOO maneuverable. The RS handles like a world-class sports car (disguised as a grocery getter), although the dog-poop turning radius makes city driving less joyful than I'd prefer. It's perfectly livable, but just know that I'll find the low-speed maneuverability of the Fiesta to be an boon for spot diving. Now that my wagon is gone, the Fiesta is just more likely to get increased daily use. The gas-powered car I will probably still have in 20 years is the RS, so I'm fine starting to put more miles on the littlest car.

Now I have to go pickup my all-weather mats and visit with the dealer to see if they will cover the Apple CarPlay upgrade.