Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

we promised a big brake kit....stop in and take a look :)

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #82
I can really buy these from you? It's a perfect fit overlaying the front and back ovals?
yes and yes
I've installed at least 4 different sets myself - they are really good quality and fit. It has been mentioned that the steering wheel oval is a little longer or I should say wider than it needs to be but it hasn't presented any real issues

How hard would it be to make brackets to fit the Porsche calipers to the stock rotors, in case the 325s don't fit under 15" wheels?

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #90
I have installed pics
sadly the rotors are about 1mm too large and make contact with the OEM caliper brackets when the rotors get hot
so we are looking back to the drawing board with redesigned brackets to make sure the pads are still positioned correctly
The kit looks so good behind stock wheels

I'll post pictures later this evening

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
How hard would it be to make brackets to fit the Porsche calipers to the stock rotors, in case the 325s don't fit under 15" wheels?
you'd have better clearance luck with something more appropriate from wilwood.
The Wilwood BBK will definitely not fit 15" wheels. They are even too large for some 16" wheels. @RAMMAudio made the Wilwood BBK fit the 15" 949's with a set of 11" rotors and some custom caliper brackets, but it was a *tight* fit and the 949's are known for working in tight situations.

I'm not talking about any "kit" wilwood has a million different caliper options you can adapt to anything from go carts up.

You can probably piece together a kit for 12" wheels if you are crazy enough.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #93
I'm not talking about any "kit" wilwood has a million different caliper options you can adapt to anything from go carts up.

You can probably piece together a kit for 12" wheels if you are crazy enough.
there is a Wilwood kit that can be purchase if you call Wilwood that will fit under 15" TD's
not sure what that has to do with the 325mm brake kit using stock calipers we are trying to put together here but it's available [wave]

there is a Wilwood kit that can be purchase if you call Wilwood that will fit under 15" TD's
not sure what that has to do with the 325mm brake kit using stock calipers we are trying to put together here but it's available [wave]
I'm going to run 15" TDs for street touring class (SCCA STH) autocross/street use. I was hoping for some lighter calipers.
Under the rules:
-the rotors can't be smaller than stock
-there can't be fewer pistons
-they have to bolt to the original mounting holes
I'm probably not looking at huge improvements, but I'd like to see whats possible/available.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Even though fitment needed to be adjusted, are there any pics of the setup?

Would you be able to liason with this said Wilwood kit that will fit under TD 15's when the time comes an individual is ready to purchase? :)

I'm interested as well.

Between the short throw shift, the V2 intercooler, the new turbo, and this brake kit, I could possibly have quite a few Whoosh parts once my warranty is up.