Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

What did you do with your RS today?

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #323
Yup, even new cars here. To be honest I don't mind... it keeps the crap-boxes to a minimum on the road.

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #324
Took the RS in for an inspection this morning.... seemed to go well.

I did ask if they had any "RS factory trained" technicians and the service writer said, "oh anyone can work on them"..... not sure I like that answer.
They also had a NB in the showroom. I was dying to find out if they were still trying to gouge people for 5K over sticker. NOPE! They are selling them for UNDER sticker now. Of course they are.

LonestarRS

Took the RS in for an inspection this morning.... seemed to go well.

I did ask if they had any "RS factory trained" technicians and the service writer said, "oh anyone can work on them"..... not sure I like that answer.
They also had a NB in the showroom. I was dying to find out if they were still trying to gouge people for 5K over sticker. NOPE! They are selling them for UNDER sticker now. Of course they are.
Dealer does your inspection?

Same as my dealer, they had a white one a while back listed way below sticker.

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #326
Dealer does your inspection?

Same as my dealer, they had a white one a while back listed way below sticker.
Yeah, just easier... I guess I could take it to a local shop but I'm not gonna bother.
They just had the reg window sticker on the car showing full price but the salesman said they would sell it under.

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #327
Met up yesterday with a fellow RS owner. He uses the same dealership I do. We compared HG notes, etc. Nice guy. Love meeting people through cars!!!!!!

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
Met up yesterday with a fellow RS owner. He uses the same dealership I do. We compared HG notes, etc. Nice guy. Love meeting people through cars!!!!!!
At least you won't run out of things to talk about lol.

LonestarRS

Today I decided to switch from Sirius to Spotify. They wanted to charge me $20 a month or give me the $99 special for six months. I told them to cancel my account since last time I got it for $120 year.

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #331
Today I decided to switch from Sirius to Spotify. They wanted to charge me $20 a month or give me the $99 special for six months. I told them to cancel my account since last time I got it for $120 year.
I just can't justify paying for radio.

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #332
Drove it to work. Had been a few days since I was in it. Always nice to be back in it... I appreciate it that much more.

LonestarRS

Bought a 3M scratch repair kit. Going to try it this weekend or Monday. If I come back on here crying you know I didn't do too well so don't ask for pictures. If I did a good job I'll share some pictures LOL.

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #334
Bought a 3M scratch repair kit. Going to try it this weekend or Monday. If I come back on here crying you know I didn't do too well so don't ask for pictures. If I did a good job I'll share some pictures LOL.
Not sure what one of them entitles.... but be careful!

LonestarRS

Not sure what one of them entitles.... but be careful!
Some good news and some bad news. Good news is I got the light scratch to blend in, bad news is on the deep scratch I think I might of over sanded it, now there's a white haze on the paint. I'll post a picture in a bit when the sun is better.

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #336
Some good news and some bad news. Good news is I got the light scratch to blend in, bad news is on the deep scratch I think I might of over sanded it, now there's a white haze on the paint. I'll post a picture in a bit when the sun is better.
Ugh- you may have gone through the clear.
This is why I don't like wet-sanding, or scratching up of any type on scratches. There is a thin line between nailing it and burning the clear.

Post some pics when you can.

LonestarRS

Ugh- you may have gone through the clear.
This is why I don't like wet-sanding, or scratching up of any type on scratches. There is a thin line between nailing it and burning the clear.

Post some pics when you can.
Oh well it was worth a try lol, going to see if a paint shop can blend it in. It's so hard to capture the burn spot.

LonestarRS

This was the kit I bought and the video I followed.

[video=youtube;QGOy8sxK1Cc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGOy8sxK1Cc[/video]

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #339
I can see it.
Well, what did the kit entail you doing? There's still a chance it just needs to be polished.